Plugin Contributions

Default UK Paypal System - address and phone info

I have customers telling me that the second line of their address and phone numbers aren't being passed to paypal correct, which I've been able to confirm...

The address line 2 doesn't get passed over at all, and the phone number only gets the second, third and fourth characters passed over..

Is this a known issue and is there a fix available?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UK Paypal System

1. Which version of Zen Cart are you running?

2. If it's 1.3.7, have you installed the most recent patch for PayPal support?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216

3. Which PayPal module are you using?

4. Can you turn on debug logging and post the logs for a failed transaction ?
    a) Admin->Modules->Payment->your-paypal-module->Edit ... set Debug to Log to File
    b) make sure the /includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs folder is writable chmod 777
    c) zip and post the files generated in that folder after doing a test transaction that fails to operate as desired.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi m8,

I'm using the latest Zencart, the patch you link to is for the Paypal express module - I'm having trouble with the Paypal IPN?

The transaction isn't actually failing, so I don't think the debug would help? It's just a couple of fields that aren't being passed correctly.

Cheers :)

Plugin Contributions

Scrap that, just spotted there are a few fixes for the Paypal IPN in there too, I'll slap the patches on and see if that helps :)

Plugin Contributions

OK, I've applied the patch and it is still doing it.

Scenario:

User creates an account*
    Opts to paypal IPN
    Confirms order, gets taken to Paypal
    Clicks 'dont have an account'
    User taken to a page with the details they filled out for the order**

* If the email address exists already, TEXT_REMEMBER_ME gets displayed instead of the normal text, but that's another bug

** It is on this page where second line of the address is dropped and the phone number is truncated

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by PotzUK View Post
    * If the email address exists already, TEXT_REMEMBER_ME gets displayed instead of the normal text, but that's another bug
    What contribution does the "TEXT_REMEMBER_ME" constant come from ? This isn't part of the core Zen Cart code.
    Notwithstanding the other issues, this particular one appears to be not a bug, but an error in your implementation of said contribution.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Aye, i'll take a look at that, but it's the paypal bug/issue that's most critical...

Plugin Contributions

TEXT_REMEMBER_ME is from the Automatic Login mod and is defined in includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/login.php (I have just checked by downloading the mod from Dowwnloads that it definitely is!).

Anyone seeing "TEXT_REMEMBER_ME" has probably not renamed the "YOUR_TEMPLATE" to their own custom name - so it's not a bug, it's a mistake in your installation of the mod. Also, it has nothing to do with your Paypal issue.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

I realise the TEXT_REMEMBER_ME thing is unrelated (Since fixed) but I'm still having the paypal issue...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I have customers telling me that the ... phone numbers aren't being passed to paypal correct, which I've been able to confirm...

The ... phone number only gets the second, third and fourth characters passed over..

Is this a known issue and is there a fix available?
    The transaction isn't actually failing, so I don't think the debug would help? It's just a couple of fields that aren't being passed correctly.
    Scenario:

User creates an account
    Opts to paypal IPN
    Confirms order, gets taken to Paypal
    Clicks 'dont have an account'
    User taken to a page with the details they filled out for the order**

** It is on this page where ... the phone number is truncated
    Here is a discussion on what some others have tried and reported works for them. I cannot seem to find any pattern for consistent application that actually resolves this universally though.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44946