Plugin Contributions

Default USPS Shipping Module - We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable....

ZenCart V1.55f
    Using: USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 - March 28, 2018 Version K10
    USPS build: 2017-09-16
    When did this start? All year....Since the updates came out to fix the API where the First-Class Shipping options were no longer showing.
    MY site: http://www.synergy17.com/shop/

Hi all, I'm getting this error randomly:
    "We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address and the shipping methods we typically use. If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact us for assistance.(Please check that your Zip Code is entered correctly.)"

If the customer, or myself, "reloads" the same shipping page, it will fetch the correct USPS rates and it works fine. I'm not sure if this is some type of timing issue or not. Sometimes it works fine and other times the error comes up.
    My fear is that when customers have a low weight item which would only be $3.00 for USPS 1st class, they don't see the price and the cheapest alternative is $12.00 for UPS/FedEx scares them off.

I've attached 2 logs. One is the item when the error occurred and the 2nd one is when I simply reloaded the webpage and the shipping rates come up fine.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module - We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable....

Do you have any of the checkboxes on the shipping module checked?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module - We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable....

Just a few....1st class, Priority, and international priority. See attached image.
    None of the "Extra Services" are checked.
    I also have it set to "Retail Pricing"

It just seems to time out and only return some of the values, and when it does that, I get the error. But as mentioned above, if I force a reload on the browser, it goes back and fetches the rates and displays them.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Does that mean you are getting the USPS rate when you refresh the browser?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Correct. After reloading the page, the USPS rates show up correctly and all is well. Most customers will see the error and choose a different shipping option because they think that they can't get USPS. :-(

Plugin Contributions

I'd speak with your server provider and see if they know what the delay is as USPS appears to be working when you refresh
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh, No luck. They don't know or have any idea :-(

As a temporary work around, I change the error message to be the same as the 'MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_TEXT_SERVER_ERROR'
    "An error occurred in obtaining USPS shipping quotes. If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please try refreshing this page, or contact the store owner.

Plugin Contributions

That would probably help your customers ...

We can't control a lag time issue that is up to your hosting provider ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Do you think it's a lag though? I've been using the same provided for years and never had this issue until I upgraded to v1.5.5f of Zencart. I was running 1.3.9 for a long time, but because of certain Paypal requirements and other features I was missing, I was forced to finally upgrade. Once I did this, I noticed this error occurring.
    When the usps module broke late last year, I had to switch to the Online pricing for it to work because the module was updated for v1.5.5, but not for 1.3.9. The switch to Online pricing kept it working for the older version.

I'm going to switch this from Retail to Online and see if it changes anything.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I'm currently having the same issue. This pops up randonly when customers are checking out "We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address and the shipping methods we typically use. If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact us for assistance.(Please check that your Zip Code is entered correctly." Does anyone have a fix?