Plugin Contributions

Default Re-Installation Nitemare

please can anyone help.

I have a reseller account with a few sites running on it.

I had set up zen-cart on one of my domains and it was running great. My host then changed servers and i had to transfer all of my domains etc over. I was told that i was to just copy the files over. I backed up the database and the zen-cart file on the domain. When the account had been transferred to the new server, i created the new database name, username and password and i copied all of the files and imported the database. I got the nddbc.html showing when i went onto the shop url.
    I contacted the host who then said i would have to reinstall zen-cart, which i did. I then copied all of the files and overwrote the newly installed ones and re-imported the database but its still not working.

Can anyone tell me where i am going wrong .. i cant bear the thought of having to re-do it all.

Thanks
    Erica xx

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Re-Installation Nitemare

Have you checked your Configure files in includes and admin/includes the paths on your host may of changed since the move of hosts .

Also in the past I have had to run a Cache cleaner on the site to clear the cache of the old file paths. available in the downloads section somewhere.

Post a link to the site so we can see the error too !

Im sure you will not have to start from scratch .
    Various Zen cart sites !

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the reply ..
    you wont believe my stupidity .. i had put in the wrong password for the database user name
    I then went to log into admin and screwed that up lolololol
    I tried to put the password in which i had entered on the reinstall .. it said invalid. i thought i must of mixed up a letter or number or something when i entered it, so clicked resend password. I THEN had a brainwave and thought it will of now changed to my previous password .. but its too late .. it must of reset when i clicked resend. My problem is, I have put an aol address in as the admin address and the reset/resend password email is not coming thru aarrgggghhhhhh
    Is there any way around this ?
    Erica xx

Quote Originally Posted by crazycucumber View Post
    Have you checked your Configure files in includes and admin/includes the paths on your host may of changed since the move of hosts .

Also in the past I have had to run a Cache cleaner on the site to clear the cache of the old file paths. available in the downloads section somewhere.

Post a link to the site so we can see the error too !

Im sure you will not have to start from scratch .

Plugin Contributions

just to let you know, i have gone into phpmyadmin and clicked on admin .. it shows a mega long password. i have tried that, but its still saying invalid .. i am assuming this is because in the email i should of recieved there would of been a validate link or something ?
    oooooooo
    just had a brainwave .. wonder if i can change my email address thru phpmyadmin and get it sent to something better than an aol addy .. will go and try that .. why am i even typing this ?
    i'll let you know how it goes lolol
    erica xx

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    just to let you know, i have gone into phpmyadmin and clicked on admin .. it shows a mega long password. i have tried that, but its still saying invalid .. i am assuming this is because in the email i should of recieved there would of been a validate link or something ?
    oooooooo
    just had a brainwave .. wonder if i can change my email address thru phpmyadmin and get it sent to something better than an aol addy .. will go and try that .. why am i even typing this ?
    i'll let you know how it goes lolol
    erica xx

Thats what I was going to suggest ! should work , but the reason the long password wont work is - it is stored in an encrypted form so you cant retrieve it that way.

Change the mail address and resend the pass , should be all fine !

Good luck
    Various Zen cart sites !

Plugin Contributions

woooo hooooo .. i'm not TOTALLY braindead then eh ? lololol
    i had to try a few addresses before i got one that would let the email come thru mind lolol .. it wouldnt work on a couple of my domain urls .. ended up putting in a yahoo address which worked
    anyway .. i am in and its all there and working as it should .. thanks for the help and for putting up with my rambling lolol
    Erica xx

Quote Originally Posted by crazycucumber View Post
    Thats what I was going to suggest ! should work , but the reason the long password wont work is - it is stored in an encrypted form so you cant retrieve it that way.

Change the mail address and resend the pass , should be all fine !

Good luck
    Last edited by Erica; 14 Mar 2007 at 11:39 PM. Reason: cos i am fick !!!