Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Images Won't Work (Any)

Got it, I think anyway......

The reason I'm not seeing any images... is, well.... Doh !!!!
    There weren't any, in the new install...
    Loading them int /images/ now...

Sometimes you just have to "Step away from the keyboard.."
    to see the forrest from the trees...

back in a bit... but thinks this is it...

still would appreciate advice on the dual posting etc...

thanx much..
    Frank Poole
    Have camera, will travel
    www.poolesdive.com - shoppe

Plugin Contributions

OK, here's what I did (this is a sum, for future readers)...

Originally I already had the folder /accessory-avenue created and tried different ways of installing the cart. First, I tried installing it via Fantastico into the folders accessory-avenue/store (if you have worked with Fantastico, you know that the ACTUAL folder to install the script into should not already exist, so I didn't create the /store folder prior to installing- I let Fantastico create it as it installed it.) However, the images didn't work, so I tried completely taking out the cart and starting back with just the folder /accessory-avenue. I still wanted it in the folder /store, so this time I created that folder and I manually installed the cart, which went well, but the images still wouldn't show up. So here's what I tried just to see if it would work and so far it appears to be... I decided that I would not use the folder of /store, but I still needed the cart installed into a subfolder of my main domain, so I completely deleted everything, even the /accessory-avenue folder I created to install everything into. I then went back to Fantactico (for ease of quickness, just to test this out) and told it to install the cart into the folder /accessory-avenue (remember that I deleted it, because Fantastico will create it for you during installation.) And voila! All the images work. Technically speaking, the cart was installed to http://celtickatt.com/accessory-avenue/ but I went back into GoDaddy and changed the information so that www.accessory-avenue.com will point to http://celtickatt.com/accessory-avenue/ and everything seems to work ok

I don't know if all of that made sense to people, and that may not cure the issue for other people (especially if their setup is not the same as mine) but if it is... that's what I did. And I'm PRAYING that don't have to mess with this issue anymore!

Thanks for all your replies schoolboy!

-Shannon
    "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." --Atticus

Plugin Contributions

When you've established that your difficulties are not server related, or corrupted php files or .htaccess settings, a possible remedy to many puzzling conflicts often relates to incorrect settings in your CONFIGURE.PHP files.

You should check these files FIRST, and ensure that all the settings are correct, and describe to the zencart code, exactly where it must go to find all the bits and pieces.

When starting out with a new zen cart install, I load the software into a sub-directory one level below the domain's root directory. I don't set up sub-domains at this point. I do not try to host anything else on the site, so my index.html page in the root will simply say:- "Under Construction", or I will have a meta re-direct to a completely different website / domain.

Nothing else can interfere with the initial install - as there isn't anything to do the interfering!

So, my initial set-ups tend to look like:-

http://www.mywebsite.co.uk/store

I always do the install WITH demo products as I can do all the layout and cosmetics as thoroughly as is needed.

When I am happy that the store (still only with demo products) is 100% functional, I move it up to the root directory, load the products, and go live.

I don't like to have "live" sites that still look as if there's a lot of construction work to do - it's not a good message to customers.

------------------------------------------------------

I am of the opinion that some problems with new installs (such as those being described in this thread) occur because of existing settings/code/programs/html/file structure/sub-domains - etc, etc. etc getting in the way of zen cart.

Shannon... without having a good understanding of the history of your existing domain and its hosting set-up, I cannot really offer more explanation.

My suggestion would be to consider EITHER 1 OR 2:-

1. Getting rid of everything on your existing domain and host server, and configuring it to be "back to basics". If you still want the content and functionality of this old stuff, then put it on a different domain and server, and put a simple index.html meta re-direct to take your visitors to the new place.

We have done this with:-

http://www.des-uk.com to go to the new site - des-uk-shop.com (click the link to see it in action.

2. Putting up your webshop on a completely new domain (thus KEEPING your existing domain and its set-up intact) and when your new webshop is ready, linking to it from the old domain.
    20 years a Zencart User

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12