Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Template gone?

that's the same as I was saying earlier

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Seems to be a threshold limit on the number of open "dir" listings done during page load. That would explain why if it's only called once from a test.php script that the problem wouldn't manifest ...

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Eureka !

Okay ... two things ...

1. Your hosting server has a limitation on the number of open file/dir handles that can be active at a given point in time -- at least at the per-session level.

The setting currently in place on your hosting server is lower than any other server running Zen Cart today.

2. Having the setting so low has exposed a bug in Zen Cart. There are a couple places in the code where directory handles are used but not closed when we're finished with them.

As such, they were remaining open and maxing out. Then, when it came time to look up your css folder contents, it failed because there were no handles left for that session to use.

I've already uploaded the corrected files to your demo area and your live site, which is functioning properly now.
    I've also attached the fixed files here for your convenience.
    The fix will be included in the v1.3.8 release when it comes out.

Thanks for your patience in sorting out this problem. While your hosting company isn't entirely to blame, it would be prudent for them to raise the limit of open handles so that similar such errors (which, admittedly, are just sloppy coding <grimace>) don't shut down other shops/sites who may come along in the future.

EDIT: Please use the attachment located at:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpost.php?p=345929

This is fixed in v1.3.8. This patch is intended ONLY for v1.3.7.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte....

Thankyou very much for your attention to this problem. Passed along your comments this am to the idiots at the no-support-DC....and of course, thier answer was as expected.........."Glad *we* found *our* problem...."

Will be packing up and getting out of this DC over the next week-two.

Thanks again!
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

OT- but you REALLY - REALLY need to optimize your images - no one is going to wait for that page to load -

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/s...net.com/store/
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Sounds like DR. Byte gets some free jerkey!

We need to keep his energy up.

I'm trying to convince my wife that jerkey is good for me. It helps people like me with A.D.D. to think on the run. hehe.

Chewing alone has been found to increase brain activity and help when taking test and studying.

A jerkey that isn't chewy is just sauce.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Summary:
    There are a couple places in the code where directory handles are used but not closed when we're finished with them. (A couple on the catalog side, and several on the admin side).

The impact of this bug is that they were remaining open and maxing out when the server is configured with lower-than-usual available-memory settings. Then, when it came time to look up your css folder contents, it failed because there were no handles left for that session to use.

This set of files both the catalog and admin side with respect to directory handles being released when finished them.

This issue affects v1.3.0 thru v1.3.7.
    This patch can be applied to v1.3.6 and v1.3.7.
    These fixes will be included from v1.3.8 and newer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Can I just say i like the look of your template, can I ask where you purchased it from?

Plugin Contributions

Adds...

Thanks! I hacked it together on my own.....
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [Done v1.3.8] dir handles not closed, causes memory leak and won't load styleshee

Same problem. Instead of increasing the file handles I took the easy route.

ZenCart 1.3.7 / PHP 5.0.4

Thank you for the patch.
    David

Auction Lister Pro
    The Zen Way To Ebay

Support Forum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234