Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Short Description for Categories... have a description above & below product list

Just uploaded the CKEditor again and the edit now works but the rest of the problem is still valid. Any pointers much appreciated.
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Short Description for Categories... have a description above & below product list

Problem solved. There was a typo on line 37 that made the line of code appear in the text above category images. Replace this code:
    Code:
    <div id="indexProductListCatDescription" class="content"><?php echo $current_categories_description;  ?></div>
    }

if ($current_categories_description_sub != '') {
       echo '<a id="descSubLink" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $cPath) . '#descSub" >' . CATEGORIES_SUB_TEXT . '</a>';
    with this one

Code:
    <div id="indexProductListCatDescription" class="content"><?php echo $current_categories_description;  ?></div>
    <?php
    }

echo '<a id="descSubLink" href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $cPath) . '#descSub" >' . CATEGORIES_SUB_TEXT . '</a>';

Plugin Contributions

can you tell me the name of this file so I can see the rest of the code? Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry forgot to put the file name where the changes need to be made. Here it is:

\includes\templates\YOUR_TEMPLATE\templates\tpl_index_product_list.php

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mydanilo View Post
    Problem solved. There was a typo on line 37 that made the line of code appear in the text above category images. Replace this code:
    Code:
    }

with this one

Code:
    <?php
    }

Hi, thanks for making such a wonderful mod. I was having this same problem on ZC version 1.5.4.
    I changed the code as discussed, and the problem was solved, but the link: "more info.... " is now showing twice simultaneously in the subcategory page.
    moreover, the "more info" link does not jumps to the proper place where the second description exists. it just jumps to somewhat lower place in the page. It would be better if clicking the more info link should jump to the start of the second description.
    Any help available will be highly appreciated.
    An example for the problem can be seen here: http://shopping.muteyaar.org/index.p...53_54&pg=store

Plugin Contributions

is there a way that this mod could be applied to the 'main page' (index) such that it sits under new,featured,specials categories display on main page?

cheers, Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    is there a way that this mod could be applied to the 'main page' (index) such that it sits under new,featured,specials categories display on main page?

cheers, Mike
    Not sure if you are still looking but you can do it by adding this code to the tpl_main_page.php in your templates common folder:

Around line 245 find
    PHP Code:
    require($body_code); ?> 
    and insert right after

PHP Code:
    <!--bof- SEO Ezpage text -->
    <div id="seo_content">
    <?php
    if ($this_is_home_page) {

$page_query $db->Execute("SELECT pages_html_text FROM zen_ezpages WHERE pages_title='SEO'");

$seo_text $page_query->fields['pages_html_text'];
        echo 
    $seo_text;
        } 
    ?>  
    </div>
    <!--eof- SEO Ezpage text -->
    Then create an EZ page with the title SEO and put whatever text you want on this EZ page. Works a treat.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mydanilo View Post
    Not sure if you are still looking but you can do it by adding this code to the tpl_main_page.php in your templates common folder:

Around line 245 find
    PHP Code:
    require($body_code); ?> 
    and insert right after

PHP Code:
    <!--bof- SEO Ezpage text -->
    <div id="seo_content">
    <?php
    if ($this_is_home_page) {

$page_query $db->Execute("SELECT pages_html_text FROM zen_ezpages WHERE pages_title='SEO'");

$seo_text $page_query->fields['pages_html_text'];
        echo 
    $seo_text;
        } 
    ?>  
    </div>
    <!--eof- SEO Ezpage text -->
    Then create an EZ page with the title SEO and put whatever text you want on this EZ page. Works a treat.
    Hi mydanilo - many thanks for your response and taking the time and effort to provide a solution - my faith in the Zen community is restored

I will try it out soon,
    cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

I installed the module in 1.55 shop, but when I add e.g. a table it is showing html code instead of the table.
    It seems that when the category text is saved some of the characters are replaced. my shop is using ckeditor.
    Anyone has a solution for me? In some previous pages I see people describing the same issue, but I do not understand solution.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bramf View Post
    I installed the module in 1.55 shop, but when I add e.g. a table it is showing html code instead of the table.
    It seems that when the category text is saved some of the characters are replaced. my shop is using ckeditor.
    Anyone has a solution for me? In some previous pages I see people describing the same issue, but I do not understand solution.
    Change this code here.

admin/includes/init_includes/init_sanitize.php

Line #214

From
    Code:
    $group = array('products_description', 'coupon_desc', 'file_contents', 'categories_description', 'message_html', 'banners_html_text', 'pages_html_text', 'comments', 'products_options_comment');

$sanitizer->addSimpleSanitization('PRODUCT_DESC_REGEX', $group);
    To This
    Code:
    $group = array('products_description', 'coupon_desc', 'file_contents', 'categories_description', 'categories_description_sub', 'message_html', 'banners_html_text', 'pages_html_text', 'comments', 'products_options_comment');

$sanitizer->addSimpleSanitization('PRODUCT_DESC_REGEX', $group);

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast