Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Short Description for Categories... have a description above & below product list

Jettrue, thank you. Do you or anybody else experience the same or is it just me?
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Short Description for Categories... have a description above & below product list

Quote Originally Posted by mydanilo View Post
    Jettrue, thank you. Do you or anybody else experience the same or is it just me?
    I just tested, and its working fine for me, both with HTMLarea and TinyMCE (I added this one, and like it better). What version of zen cart are you using?

Plugin Contributions

I use 1.3.7.

Do you see the htmlarea tools for both text areas? If I choose htmlarea as editor, it opens both areas in just text mode, no tool bars for editing.
    Last edited by mydanilo; 3 Jul 2007 at 04:01 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mydanilo View Post
    I use 1.3.7.

Do you see the htmlarea tools for both text areas? If I choose htmlarea as editor, it opens both areas in just text mode, no tool bars for editing.
    Yup.

http://www.jadetrue.com/drop/admin-html-area.gif

Plugin Contributions

A great feature would allow the admin to turn off the description for all of the extra pages of products - so the descrip would only show up once - on the first page of products of a given category.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ploogak View Post
    A great feature would allow the admin to turn off the description for all of the extra pages of products - so the descrip would only show up once - on the first page of products of a given category.
    That's a good feature suggestion for zen cart in general, but not something really for this mod.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Jade,

I got it to work with htmlarea but not with fckeditor. I had to change may admin ssl settings. I ran all admin pages in ssl mode an this caused the problem.

Fckeditor is actually deleting the second text if I edit in the first text area and then save. Seems to overwrite with blank.

Plugin Contributions

The code is missing the changes required for fckEditor. Look for this:

if ($_SESSION['html_editor_preference_status']=='FCKEDITOR') {
    $oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor('categories_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']') ;
    $oFCKeditor->Value = zen_get_category_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
    $oFCKeditor->Width = '97%' ;
    $oFCKeditor->Height = '200' ;
    // $oFCKeditor->Config['ToolbarLocation'] = 'Out:xToolbar' ;
    // $oFCKeditor->Create() ;
    $output = $oFCKeditor->CreateHtml() ;
    $category_inputs_string .= '<br />' . $output;

You will find the above code twice, once for new categories, and once for existing. Right below this code, add:

$oFCKeditor2 = new FCKeditor('categories_description_sub[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']') ;
    $oFCKeditor2->Value = zen_get_category_description_sub($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
    $output = $oFCKeditor2->CreateHtml() ;
    $category_sub_inputs_string .= '<br />' . $output;

So, remember to do this is BOTH places and it will work fine. I have a heavily modified categories.php, else, I would update the contribution. Perhaps the owner can do so for the benefit of all.
    Steve Fatula

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sfatula View Post
    The code is missing the changes required for fckEditor. Look for this:

if ($_SESSION['html_editor_preference_status']=='FCKEDITOR') {
    $oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor('categories_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']') ;
    $oFCKeditor->Value = zen_get_category_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
    $output = $oFCKeditor->CreateHtml() ;
    $category_inputs_string .= '<br />' . $output;

You will find the above code twice, once for new categories, and once for existing. Right below this code, add:

$oFCKeditor2 = new FCKeditor('categories_description_sub[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']') ;
    $oFCKeditor2->Value = zen_get_category_description_sub($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
    $output = $oFCKeditor2->CreateHtml() ;
    $category_sub_inputs_string .= '<br />' . $output;

So, remember to do this is BOTH places and it will work fine. I have a heavily modified categories.php, else, I would update the contribution. Perhaps the owner can do so for the benefit of all.
    Thanks Steve,

Sorry guys that I haven't taken the time to work this out, Steve, thanks for making it easy for me! I'll update the contribution in the next couple of days.

Plugin Contributions

Let's make sure someone else claims it works as well? It appears to be working for me, but, I'd like to see someone else using that editor confirm it.

But I am conservative on these sorts of things.
    Steve Fatula

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast