Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Short Description for Categories... have a description above & below product list

Can this Mod be made to work on the Add to Cart page,
    On add to cart page there is a single product, and Manufacturer,
    that needs a product description, just like your Mod.
    I use EZmce editor.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Short Description for Categories... have a description above & below product list

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    Can this Mod be made to work on the Add to Cart page,
    On add to cart page there is a single product, and Manufacturer,
    that needs a product description, just like your Mod.
    I use EZmce editor.
    What page do you mean, the add to cart page? the product information page with a single product? The product listing page with lots of products? If so there is a mod that does what you might be looking for.

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=271

Plugin Contributions

Your mod is wonderful! Thank you! Any chance you can tell me how to make this work for the Home Page also? I am trying to find a way to have a short blurb at the top of the page (currently in define pages) and between the catagories and new items, featured etc. which currently not available. Any thought for this problem too? Thanks for your help!

Plugin Contributions

If you would like to see this mod in action check out my site at www.tot2teenonline.com I have removed the "more info...." text and have left the upper section blank, then put my description in the second box.

Sue

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone tried this on 1.3.6? I know all about keeping on the current rev of various softwares, but since this is my first ZC / web based project at all, I'm not sure if I set all my mods into my /custom folders as came up the learning curve.

I really want this mod! :)

EDIT: I'm a nut, I started with 1.3.7. Stand by for another hopefully successfull installation of this mod!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Short Description for Categories... installed on 1.38a

Jade,
    Just finished installing this mod on a 1.38a shop. Because I wanted to maintain the 1.38a upgrades, I used WinMerge to check the mod files. The only major differences were:
    In admin/categories.php I did NOT merge lines 167 thru 175 and line 660 because they were changed from v1.37 to v1.38a.
    In .../templates/tpl_index_product_list.php I did NOT merge line 50.
    Of course, the nice thing about using WinMerge is that it automatically makes the .bak file when you save.
    The mod appears to work perfectly.
    Just one question...How would you compare this approach to putting a link to an EZpage at the end of the short description and then putting a return link on the EZpage back to the category page? That wouldn't require any new files or hacks to core.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnstoermer View Post
    Has anyone tried this on 1.3.6? I know all about keeping on the current rev of various softwares, but since this is my first ZC / web based project at all, I'm not sure if I set all my mods into my /custom folders as came up the learning curve.

I really want this mod! :)

EDIT: I'm a nut, I started with 1.3.7. Stand by for another hopefully successfull installation of this mod!
    This should be fine on 1.3.6, 1.3.7 and 1.3.8.

Plugin Contributions

Just to make this easy for everybody:

Does anything need to be merged for 1.3.8a?

Especially: admin/categories.php
    includes/modules/pages/index/main_template_vars.php

Q to mauryg, did you merge anything or did you just list the ones you choose to ignore?

Is this mod ready for 1.3.8a? If merging needs to be done, maybe mauryg can upload the merged 1.3.8a files for the download section.

Live and learn... the Zen way.

Plugin Contributions

Danillo,
    I used WinMerge to cross check v1.38a to 1.37 to see what changes had been made to the 4 non-unique files. Since the mod came out before 1.38a I assumed it was based on a 1.37 version of the files. So I merged each of the files into a 'clean' copy from v1.38a and I ignored the old 1.37 lines which had changed in 1.38a. Clear as mud, right?
    Anyway since you asked, here are the updated Short Description files.
    Jade, you might want to check that I didn't screw something up! If everything is OK, feel free to post them to the download area.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the files.
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast