Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Short Description for Categories... have a description above & below product list

I installed the mod on a new site and I have a space below the first description text and the product listing that I can't remove.

http://discountbabyshowerfavors.com/...=index&cPath=1

I deleted the more info text in category_description_sub_defines.php but the large space remains. What can I do?

I tried

#descSubLink {display: none;}

but no success.
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Short Description for Categories... have a description above & below product list

Quote Originally Posted by mydanilo View Post
    I installed the mod on a new site and I have a space below the first description text and the product listing that I can't remove.
    Now the question IS: Is the extra space BELOW the first part of the category description or ABOVE the products listing?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mydanilo View Post

http://discountbabyshowerfavors.com/...=index&cPath=1

I deleted the more info text in category_description_sub_defines.php but the large space remains. What can I do?

I tried

#descSubLink {display: none;}

but no success.
    Open up includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_index_product_list.php and remove the two:

<br class="clearBoth" />

found in that file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    Open up includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_index_product_list.php and remove the two:

<br class="clearBoth" />

found in that file.

Thank you. Works perfectly.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I'm on version 1.3.8a and I just installed this mod using mauryg's merged files. On the admin screen I see the section for Categories Description and a section for Categories Description Below Categories. But any text I put in the Categories Description Below Categories section is not showing up on my website. Any thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cuddles View Post
    Hi, I'm on version 1.3.8a and I just installed this mod using mauryg's merged files. On the admin screen I see the section for Categories Description and a section for Categories Description Below Categories. But any text I put in the Categories Description Below Categories section is not showing up on my website. Any thoughts?
    Confirm you have all the files uploaded. I'm guessing you haven't uploaded or merged the changes for includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/tpl_index_categories.php and/or
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/tpl_index_product_list.php

Go through each and every file and make sure they are all online and in their correct spots.

Plugin Contributions

I used your original include files for 1.3.7 and it's working fine. Not sure why mauryg's merged files didn't work for me?

mauryg, do you know what functionality I'm losing if I am on 1.3.8a but am using the 1.3.7 files?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cuddles View Post
    I used your original include files for 1.3.7 and it's working fine. Not sure why mauryg's merged files didn't work for me?

mauryg, do you know what functionality I'm losing if I am on 1.3.8a but am using the 1.3.7 files?
    I can confirm that I'm using v1.38a and the mod is working for me without a problem. I will review the set of merged files I posted and see if I missed something.

Plugin Contributions

mauryg: Not sure anymore, but I recall that I had problems with your merged file too. I then just used the 1.3.7 files and they worked just fine.

Plugin Contributions

Another happy user here - installed with a simple overwrite of all the files included in the zip (on a fairly fresh 1.3.8a install) and it works beautifully. Couldn't ask for more really.

However, I am currently snaking my way through the Zen Cart files to try and make the short description textbox into a multiline text box - from what I can make out, the text box itself is generated by calling a zen_draw function, but I just get totally lost after that as I'm not too familiar with how zen cart draws its admin pages.

I've seen other zen_draw_hidden_field calls that specify multiple values (including styles for the textboxes and widths, maxchars etc) but I can't find the actual code to draw the short description input textbox! If someone could point me in the right direction to where I can find the appropriate code, I'd really appreciate it.

Again, thanks to Jade for this fabulous little mod - it's made my work of transitioning a friend's online store from a flat-file based catalogue to Zen FAR easier.

In fact, a little part of me is actually having fun. (just a small part though, mind you ;))

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast