Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

How do I set up eCheck with Authorize.net?

I have searched and only found orphaned postings in the archives about this with warnings for double posting but no answers so I apologize if this has been answered before.

My client has just recently set up an eCheck account with Authorize.net (seems there was a promotion for it) and would like me to implement it in the cart. We are using the AIM module version of the module.

It appears that you can also set up the Authorize.net SIM module and set it the transaction method to: e-check. All seems straightforward in setting it up in admin.

However, duplicate input fields for a credit card appear in the checkout payment step, no input fields for routing number, etc.

How do I configure the module to accept eChecks and display the proper input fields? Do I need another module or do I need to do some customization of some kind?

Thanks,

cpk

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I set up eCheck with Authorize.net?

eCheck support is not built-in to the supplied modules.

You will need to do some custom coding ... and probably best to create a separate module so that you can control display options easier.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am confused. Why then does the Authorize.net module even have ability to set it to use eCheck as a transaction mode?

I don't even know where to start on creating a new payment module. I do remember reading in the archives that Merlin had an eCheck module but do not find one in the downloads section.

Should I attempt to modify the existing authorize.net module or should I start from scratch?

cpk

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cpk
    I am confused. Why then does the Authorize.net module even have ability to set it to use eCheck as a transaction mode?
    Good question. I'm wondering that myself. There is a setting for it, but there is no support in the module for using that mode to generate appropriate input fields, etc.

Should I attempt to modify the existing authorize.net module or should I start from scratch?
    Hard to say. I suspect that using the existing one as a base would save a lot of work.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I need this module also...do you think you are going to custom build it?

My client is requesting this & it would be wonderful to tell them YES :)

Any updates would be much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

just got back to work on this project and am finding that modifying the existing echeck/authorize.net module may be beyond my skills right now since I have never created a contribution before and messing about with the financial part of ZC makes me a bit nervous.

I did find an unsupported OSC echeck/authorize.net contribution but it's a year old. Does anyone know if the OSC contribution is the same as what already exists in ZC 1.3? If not, how difficult is it to port OSC contributions to ZC 1.3?

Thanks,

cpk

Plugin Contributions

I know this is a late response but I just found this thread. There is a seperate echeck module that you can install. I have it if you need it.

Plugin Contributions

If you have a module available, please upload it to the Downloads section. Thanks.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Did you post the eCheck with Authorize.net module? If not, can you provide it to me?

Thanks...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The current version of Zen Cart does not have functional built-in support for eCheck via Authorize.net.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast