Plugin Contributions

Default just the special prices please

hello once again,
    been a while since i've been in touch with the zenworld, love the new site, cant wait to see the new software :)

to the point. Im trying to set up an existing site to act differently to how it was originally designed. Need a bit of a dirty fix unfortunately.

I would like to be able to globally turn all prices off ,.... unless its a special, but then to still not allow them to purchase, more of a freephone us to order situation.

Changing the site to "Showcase - no prices" obviously wont display the specials prices.
    Changing each product to "Call for price" displays the "call" image, but still shows the price. Seems odd, is this the case in general or is my install a defunct one?
    I would love to be able to use "Product Types" but i cant seem to find away to remove the price from a particular product type. While im on the subject, what exactly does "Show Starting At text on Price" do? Something to do with bulkorders I presume?

And if I were to sort the above problems out, all i have to do to turn off the add to cart button is change "Display Product Add to Cart Button (0=off; 1=on)" in product listing to 0 huh?

It would be much appreciated if you could point me in the right direction, as im still getting back into the swing of zenthings.

Thanks a bunch folks :)

Liam

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: just the special prices please

Sorry Liam,
    The only question I can answer for you is the one that was just an aside:

what exactly does "Show Starting At text on Price" do?
    This is for a product priced by attribute. For example, if you sell a bowl of ice cream for $2, ice cream with hot fudge for $2.50, and ice cream w/ hot fudge and whipped cream for$3.00 then the starting at price would display as $2.00.

Audra

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: just the special prices please

ahhh thankyou - all clear now... attributes is something i was going to look at fairly soon (despite its scariness), so your reply there was invaluable! :)

Just to let you all know what i did with my main scenario; i backed up the database (to keep the prices), then removed all of the prices from the product table. I then set everything to "call for price". I then put the prices back in for the products i had set up as specials (one hellova sql statement that was) and set the store status to showcase with prices.

cheers :)
    Last edited by liamingram; 23 Mar 2007 at 10:51 AM. Reason: main scenario update.