Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Idea or Suggestion Where are EZ Pages Stored

Does any body know were in the directories these pages are stored once they are created?

Also Doesn anybody know if it is possible to have named anchors on these pages?

Thanks

Matthew

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where are EZ Pages Stored

They're not in the directories. They're in your store's database.

Can you explain what you mean by named anchors (I can think of several interpretations).
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Here is an example
    http://www.beyondbeds.com/index.asp?...on=Custom&ID=5

If you want to have a table of contents at the top linked to anchors on the same page.

Thanks

matthew

Plugin Contributions

Yes you can certainly do this.

If you're using the default HTMLArea editor to create your page, you would need to switch to the plain text editor to insert the anchor name attributes.

However if you're using Zen Cart 1.3.5 or later, you may prefer to use the FCKeditor add-in which has support for anchors built in (there's a great big anchor button on the toolbar that does exactly what you want!).

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Thats Great to know I will check that out right now. I tried to created them in DreamWeaver with the content and then copy and paste them into zen and the content worked not the Anchors.

THanks for you help!

Matthew

Plugin Contributions

Were you copying from code view in Dreamweaver to plain text editor in Zen Cart?

Yes I was and it copyed the contect right but the table of contents i had created at the top was wronge. Each link was active but it linked back to the home page. Very werid.

Plugin Contributions

OK. That's not because of how you were moving your text, but because of how Zen Cart builds its pages.

What you need to do is to insert the relative reference from the site's root in front of the anchor link. Let's work through an example.

If your FAQ's EZ=Page ID is "15" in chapter is "0" (you can get these values from the Admin > Tools > EZ-Pages screen) and your anchor were called "q1", then you would create an anchor
    <a name="q1">Some Text In Here</a>
    Then you would create the link to it which typically would look like this
    <a href="#q1">Go to anchor</a>
    But to cope with how Zen Cart builds pages, you would need to expand it out to this
    <a href="index.php?main_page=page&amp;id=15&amp;chapter=0/#q1">Go to anchor</a>
    Otherwise Zen Cart will look for the anchor on the site's root page, which is what you were experiencing.

Again Let me say thanks for this help. I see that even with the fck editor it still doenst do the anchors up to zen standard.

I see your examples and I am going to try as far as creating the ancor though can I still use the editor to do that or do i need to insert the raw code. If so what is suppose to go here >some text here<

I see the name you used is q1 so I am not sure what eles the anchor would need.

Thanks

THANKS!

http://petzlifedirect.com/index.php?...apt%20er=0/#q1

THis opens up allot of possibleites for me. Looking forward to having a library with articals.

Matthew

P.S. Do you have pets?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast