Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Keeping on SOLD OUT and Image Pictures

Hi All

I would like to do the following,
    All products are to show on the site that are both in stock and out of stock.
    For items that are sold out, i would like the Sold out image to show when i set the product as out of stock
    Anyone know how to do this?

Plugin Contributions

The In Stock and Out of Stock really means Show or Do NOT Show a Product in the Catalog ...

If you want a Product to show as Sold Out on the Catalog, just set the Product Quantity to 0 and configure your Stock settings to have Products with quantity 0 be marked as Sold Out and to leave active on the Catalog ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thats the issue right there, i dont keep stock, i get stock from the suppliers, thus as people order the stock number goes down, i do not edit this to show say 100 units in stock as i dont have this info for 3000+ products from 10 suppliers, i just want to set the product to not in stock

Is there no other way?

Plugin Contributions

The field for the In Stock and Out of Stock in the products table products_status is used to determin every aspect of the display and functionality of the Products in the Catalog ...

This field would require re-writting 100s of files and coding logic to allow the display and functionality to happen in any other manner than being an On or Off switch in the Catalog ...

The products_quantity field manages the ability to purchase products when setup on tracking Stock ...

You can turn off the "display" of the Product Quantity everywhere but still use the functionality of this field to manage Stock that can be purchased or not in the Catalog ...

Set the quantity to <= 0 and it shows as Sold Out set it to more than 0 and it shows as Available to be purchased ...

In the Configuration ... Stock ...

If you do not want any automatic tracking of Stock (products_quantity) to be used, set to false:
    Subtract stock
    Subtract product in stock by product orders
    If you want Sold Out to show when Stock (products_quantity) <=0 set to 1:
    Show Sold Out Image in place of Add to Cart
    Show Sold Out Image instead of Add to Cart Button
    Now you can manage which Products show as Sold Out ... just set the Product Quantity (products_quantity) to be 0 on those things you want as Sold Out ...

The difference here is, no code re-writes need to be done to manage the Products marked as Sold Out or Available for Purchase ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Sounds great, so now how do i set all 3000+ products to 100 units in stock at the click of a button?

Plugin Contributions

You can do that directly in the database using phpMyAdmin through your server's control panel. Or you can do it using the free version of Easy Populate -- see the Free Add Ons above.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

This can be done either in phpMyAdmin, as rstevenson indicated, or you can use the Tools ... Install SQL Patches ...

Code:
    UPDATE products SET products_quantity = 100;
    NOTE: as always, backup your database first ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

This is great

thank you all for your help

Plugin Contributions

Is there any way to have the product that is sold out not have the add to cart OR the sold out. Basically, I want it to display the product and the description but have it redirect them to another page within the main site instead of the store. It's weird, I know. But, I was wondering if there was a way to do this.

http://www.causekeepers.biz/stop-it-...products_id=11

Plugin Contributions

Making a Product as the Product Type Document General would make this more a Document than a Product ...

Is that what you are trying to do, perhaps?
    Linda McGrath

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12