Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default strange issue with admin area

This is odd. Somehow I have inadvertently altered something and now when I go into the 'payment' page under 'modules' in the admin area it is displaying the various payment modules all the way across the page so that there is no column on the right where you can edit/remove/install them and I cannot open any of the modules to change parameters.

The shipping and order total pages seem fine it is just the 'payment' one that has gone wonky.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to what files control the layout of this page ?

Thanks,
    Sheryl

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: strange issue with admin area

I forgot to mention, the cart version is 1.2.6d

Plugin Contributions

Do you know how old and out of date your code is?

Look in the directory:
    /includes/modules/payment

What files are in there?

Are all of the files "code" files? Or are they "language" files with defines in them?

Look in the directory:
    /includes/languages/english/modules/payment

What files are in there?

Are all of the files "languages" files? Or are they "code" files?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Do you know how old and out of date your code is?

Look in the directory:

What files are in there?

Are all of the files "code" files? Or are they "language" files with defines in them?

Look in the directory:

What files are in there?

Are all of the files "languages" files? Or are they "code" files?
    Yes, I know it is old. I am just trying to setup something for one of our affiliates.

I don't know what the difference is between 'code' and 'language' files. they all have .php extensions.

Surely there is a file somewhere that defines the layout of that admin page ?

Plugin Contributions

Not advisable to use such an old version of Zen Cart for anything... even if it's "just something" for one of your affiliates.

Why don't you just load up a copy of 1.3.7 and do it with a version that's more secure, robust and contemporary?
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Language files contain defines ...

For example, the language file for moneyorder.php located in:
    /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/moneyorder.php

has the defines:
    PHP Code:
      define('MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_TITLE''Check/Money Order');

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_DESCRIPTION''Please make your check or money order payable to:<br />' MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_PAYTO '<br /><br />Mail your payment to:<br />' nl2br(STORE_NAME_ADDRESS) . '<br /><br />' 'Your order will not ship until we receive payment.');

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_EMAIL_FOOTER'"Please make your check or money order payable to:" "\n\n" MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_PAYTO "\n\nMail your payment to:\n" STORE_NAME_ADDRESS "\n\n" 'Your order will not ship until we receive payment.'); 
    The code file for Money Order contains code such as:
    /includes/modules/payment/moneyorder.php
    PHP Code:
      class moneyorder {
        var 
    $code$title$description$enabled;

// class constructor

function moneyorder() {
          global 
    $order;

$this->code 'moneyorder';

$this->title MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_TITLE;
          if (
    IS_ADMIN_FLAG === true && (MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_PAYTO == 'the Store Owner/Website Name' || MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_PAYTO == '')) $this->title .= '<span class="alert"> (not configured - needs pay-to)</span>';

$this->description MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;

$this->sort_order MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_SORT_ORDER;

$this->enabled = ((MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_STATUS == 'True') ? true false);

if ((int)
    MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_ORDER_STATUS_ID 0) {

$this->order_status MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_ORDER_STATUS_ID;
          } 
    The difference is pretty clear when you view them ...

What I am trying to do is determin what files do you have in the two directories:

and make sure that nothing is mixed up nor are there copies or extra files in these directories because they are self loading directories ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    Not advisable to use such an old version of Zen Cart for anything... even if it's "just something" for one of your affiliates.

Why don't you just load up a copy of 1.3.7 and do it with a version that's more secure, robust and contemporary?

I have been using zencart for a couple years now. It took ages getting it all customized and working properly. The last thing I want to do is start from scratch. BTW - when I installed it originally it was the latest version :)

Plugin Contributions

Agreed... it can be a major hassle to upgrade, especially when there's a lot of customisation.

But there are other concerns... one main one being security.

Earlier versions of zen have been gnawed by hackers, and they have found a number of vulnerable entry points.

1.3.7 is (in quite a large part) a successful solution to many established vulnerabilities.

Here's a thought...

Five months ago, I had one shop still running on 1.2.7 (out of nearly fifty that I've built). It was completely obliterated by a hacker and I got a major scolding from my webhost. Fortunately, I had a full backup that was just a few hours old

So, on the Friday just after the hack event, I started to rebuild it on my personal computer's dev server.

I hardly slept for 3 days, but by the following Tuesday, we had the site up and running on 1.3.6...

Shortly after that, 1.3.7 came along.

We promptly did another upgrade on all sites we manage.

While most of the sites I have built are now under the control of the people I built them for, I ALWAYS advise them to upgrade.

I look at it this way... can I afford to lose the shop (and income for my clients)?
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Language files contain defines ...

The difference is pretty clear when you view them ...

What I am trying to do is determin what files do you have in the two directories:

and make sure that nothing is mixed up nor are there copies or extra files in these directories because they are self loading directories ...
    Hi again. I downloaded those folders and ran winmerge to compare them with the same folders from a fresh unpack of 1.2.6d and they are were identical except for one file which I replaced with a fresh one but it made no difference.

In any case I think I shall cut my losses and put the effort into getting a new 1.3.7 version up and running instead.

Many Thanks,
    Sheryl

Plugin Contributions

Hey, I have the same issue with the payment module only. I have the lasted version of Zen Cart. I uploaded the new patches for Paypal Express and suddenly I lost all my Paypal Payment options. And just like you, the payment modules are displayed all the way across the screen and I can't edit any of them.

However, it might not be the PayPal patch that caused it. I was transferring the files to another server as well. I just can't figure out what could have caused this and I'm way too far into this to start from scratch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast