Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS new rates May

So, do you have any suggestions for how to deal with this? I see this as a serious problem!! We ship packages of all shapes and sizes.

Plugin Contributions

you could probably add a "handling weight" to each large item. For example if you sell a toaster that weighs 4 lbs, but since its in a larger package you get charged more (like the 6 lb rate).. you could bump up the weight of each of those toasters to 6 lbs to accomodate for the size charges

Plugin Contributions

What about when someone buys 4 different items of different sizes and suddenly you need a really big box? The way I understand it, the rate difference for non priority size boxes is HUGE.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Enabling the Debug to Email option sends the USPS quote details to the Store Owner's email address, configurable in Admin->Configuration->Email Options
    If an email is generated at the delivery information/shipping screen, then i'm still not getting emails for debugging. Very strange. I made sure I was on every possible email choice in the configuration menu.

I'm starting to get very nervous about this. The only thing I can think of is the addresses themselves... can anyone try an international address that works so I can test it as well? Outside of that, i'm out of ideas. HELP! :-)

Plugin Contributions

I am having one error, I think, with the new USPS module. When I check Estimate Shipping and see prices, the longer the shipping time the more expensive? Here's an example:

United States Postal Service (1 x 0.75lbs) (Express Mail (1 - 2 days)) $20.50
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.75lbs) (First-Class Mail (2 - 5 days)) $4.00
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.75lbs) (Priority Mail (2 - 3 days)) $5.60
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.75lbs) (Parcel Post (4 - 7 days)) $9.39

Is that normal? Thanks,

Lennie

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you do a lookup on the USPS site using the same origin and destination zip codes and package weight, what does it give you for quotes?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Actually, it's right on. Thanks! I really appreciate all your help the last few days!

Plugin Contributions

I still need assistance. Anyone have suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

I dropped in the module (1.3.7) and its working great for international orders.
    I have filled around 20 international orders in the last few days using several of the options. I have been cross referencing them with my local PO and they are all dead on.

Thanks for getting the module out so quickly.
    Your team is 2nd to none!!!!

Beer for the guys and LOTS of chocolate for the two ladies!!!
    My gene pool could use a little chlorine and a lifeguard.
    Inksale.com
    TeamFastEddy.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by len7560 View Post
    I am having one error, I think, with the new USPS module. When I check Estimate Shipping and see prices, the longer the shipping time the more expensive? Here's an example:

United States Postal Service (1 x 0.75lbs) (Express Mail (1 - 2 days)) $20.50
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.75lbs) (First-Class Mail (2 - 5 days)) $4.00
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.75lbs) (Priority Mail (2 - 3 days)) $5.60
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.75lbs) (Parcel Post (4 - 7 days)) $9.39

Is that normal? Thanks,

Lennie
    According to the good folks at my PO, (I love living in a small town). All international except Express is exactly the same shipping time. The only difference is the Add Ons such as tracking and such. It all goes in the same Air Freight Bin.

Best Value is First Class Mail Air International but it has no tracking. Unfortunately its not available online at this point. If the package is over 1 lb go flat rate envelope if it fits or the next step is large flat rate box.

I have shipped First Class Air for over 400 packages and have only lost one. Add a small handling charge to your module and call it self insurance.
    My gene pool could use a little chlorine and a lifeguard.
    Inksale.com
    TeamFastEddy.com

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast