Thread: 1.2.7 to 1.3.7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

help question 1.2.7 to 1.3.7

I'm trying to upgrade my shop on a test install and appear to have issues upgrading the database.

Running the zc_install database upgrade from 1.2.7 through 1.3.7 gives the following errors at the top:
    127 statements processed.
    11 statements processed.
    Note: 1 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details.
    9 statements processed.
    62 statements processed.
    32 statements processed.
    12 statements processed.
    Note: 1 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details.
    And the following at the bottom:
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_group_title "EZ-Pages Settings" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_group_title "EZ-Pages Settings" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "DEFINE_PAGE_NOT_FOUND_STATUS" because it already exists
    SKIPPED: Cannot insert configuration_key "DEFINE_PAGE_NOT_FOUND_STATUS" because it already exists
    After this, I click re-check and it says the sniffer says no database upgrade is needed.

Logging in to the admin section after this I get the error:
    Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.
    Tools->Server/Version Information reports that my databse is 1.2.7 and that I am running ZenCart 1.3.7.

On the main page of the admin section where I assume the "New Orders" section should be displayed, this is returned:
    1054 Unknown column 'startdate' in 'field list'
    in:
    [select startdate, counter, session_counter from zen_counter_history order by startdate DESC limit 10]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    When I go to Catalog->Categories/Products, only the first category is displayed and this error is shown on the page:
    1146 Table 'calban_zc.zen_meta_tags_categories_description' doesn't exist
    in:
    [select metatags_keywords from zen_meta_tags_categories_description where categories_id = '58' and language_id = '1']
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    However, all categories are shown in the drop-down and I can navigate through products in the admin section.

I'm at a loss of what to do at this point, any advice would be much apreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.2.7 to 1.3.7

The errors that you are receiving are fine. They are all the installer trying to insert something that is already there, no biggie. Just ignore those errors and continue with the upgrade rather than clicking recheck.

HTH,
    Audra

Quote Originally Posted by audradh View Post
    The errors that you are receiving are fine. They are all the installer trying to insert something that is already there, no biggie. Just ignore those errors and continue with the upgrade rather than clicking recheck.

HTH,
    Audra
    I've gone through with the upgrade, but as stated in the first post parts of the admin section give errors and make life pretty difficult making changes. Whole sections are replaced with 'unknown column' or 'table does not exist' errors.

Plugin Contributions

Have you upgraded all of your files too?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Have you upgraded all of your files too?
    Yes I'm using the 1.3.7 files, freshly decompressed. I questioned this myself but it's pretty obvious since everything went from salmon to green in the admin and the template is non-existant.

Plugin Contributions

How did you do the test install/upgrade? I recently did 1.2.7 to 1.3.7 upgrade (see link in my sig) and these are the steps I took.

1) Made a back up of the live database.
    2) Created a database for the test 1.3.7 cart.
    3) Unzipped 1.3.7 on my local drive and uploaded the files to the test environment and ran zc_install to install it
    4) Used the backup of the live db to populate the test db (did this through my webmaster panel. It didn't work perfectly, but it did give me actual data to test with).
    5) Created the custom the template locally and uploaded to the test environment
    6) Uploaded the local copy of the cart to the live store and ran zc_install to upgrade the database. I had to tweak some of the info in the config files to point to the live store, not the test environment

This worked very well for me.

I find it odd that the sniffer isn't finding any upgrades to do, but the admin is saying you have 1.3.7 installed with a 1.2.7 db. That's got to be the clue, but I'm not sure what it means.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

You said that after upgrading the database you clicked recheck. Did you ever click on the other option? Something to the effect of "Done with Updates."

I don't know that it makes any difference since it seems as if the sql was performed prior to that, but if you haven't you might want to follow the installer through to completion.

Another thought, did you handle any table prefixes correctly when doing the install. If you get that wrong it can mess up the upgrade.

Yes when the updater said the database was up to date I clicked on done.

Regarding execution:
    1)Created new blank database
    2)Imported current 1.2.7 database
    3)Uploaded 1.3.7 files to server
    4)Ran ZC_Install, upgrading until it says the database is current (tried all checked and one at a time on seperate attempts)

Plugin Contributions

If it's any consolation, I'm going through **EXACTLY** the same issues. Trolling around here trying to find the correct answers...

Quote Originally Posted by cslhypnotech View Post
    Yes when the updater said the database was up to date I clicked on done.

Regarding execution:
    1)Created new blank database
    2)Imported current 1.2.7 database
    3)Uploaded 1.3.7 files to server
    4)Ran ZC_Install, upgrading until it says the database is current (tried all checked and one at a time on seperate attempts)

Plugin Contributions

This is how I upgrade zencart.. not failed yet.. works for other previous
    zencart releases ...
    1. Change template on existing 1.27 site to Classic(Version for your current active zencart)
    2. Take a copy of your existing active database and all other files and folders
    3. Download and install ZenCart 1.37 completely, including database, into a TEST folder
    4. Set template as Classic 1.37
    5. Take a copy of this new database/install and store on computer
    6. Remove/delete the zencart 1.37 database from your new install
    7. Upload your 1.27 database to replace the one you just removed from zencart 1.37
    8. Start install/upgrade procedure for 1.37 again, choosing UPGRADE when prompted
    9. You may have to adjust both config files to reflect the fact that you are in test folder
    10. When install complete.. take a full backup, including sql database.
    11. Move your original zencart to different folder.
    12. Replace with your newly converted zen1.37 files.
    13. May have to adjust both config files to reflect this move..
    14. ZenCart 1.37 will not accept 1.27 templates, so keep Classic
    until your favourite template for 1.27 has been converted to 1.37

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast