Plugin Contributions

help question Redirect after login to page outside of Zencart

Hey here,

Not entirely sure this is the right place to post it but anyhow...

Here is what I am trying to do:

My client wants a "hidden" page on his website where he wants to basically track who is downloading a certain file, but he does not want the file to be in the general shopping cart.

The page will be used by both new, and existing customers, he just wants to be able to send a link only to certain people (mostly employees of companies he works with).

Is there a way to have the login page redirect, after the login to a page outside of zencart?

If yes, how would that be done?

I found this post http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17713, which suggests recreating the login page with a different name, and then basically setting the redirect in the headers page, but I am not sure how to go about that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Anurag
    Anuragji

[FONT="Georgia"]Why not?[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Redirect after login to page outside of Zencart

Hi Anurag
    i'd like to do this too - redirect to a page outside of zencart (a joomla homepage in my root directory) - did you manage to find a solution?
    I realise it is sometime since you posted this but i hope you may have got somewhere in the meantime
    many thanks
    ben

Plugin Contributions

Although this is theoretically possible, once someone logs into Zen Cart and then exits to a page outside of Zen Cart, the session information is lost.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Hi Afo,
    I am using a bridge to Joomla called JZEN which ties the zencart and joomla registration/login systems together, so that when a user is logged in to one they are simultaneously logged in to the other. I have to use the zencart registration system as the 'master' because it collects all the necessary information for check out.
    So i have set links from my joomla homepage to 'login' which takes them to the zencart login page, but once you click on the login button the user is then taken to the zencart homepage.
    I'd like to have two buttons - the normal which i will relabel as 'login & go to shop' and a second called 'login and go back' to go back to the last page visited, or if this is not possible to the joomla homepage.
    My zencart shop is in a subdirectory, and i am building a joomla frontend in the root.
    I look forward to hearing your thoughts - i also replied to another post on this subject as this one was pretty old, so please excuse the double-post.
    Many thanks
    Ben

Plugin Contributions

I'm not familiar with Joomla, so I'm afraid I can't help with that, but I'm sure someone else will be able to.

I keep promising myself that I'll tinker with Joomla and use it to redo my nephew's site, but I just haven't gotten to it.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by afo View Post

I keep promising myself that I'll tinker with Joomla and use it to redo my nephew's site, but I just haven't gotten to it.
    Stand by for a steeper learning curve than with Zencart. Joomla is a great program, but the Admin options make Zencart's look downright logical.

Plugin Contributions

It is a bit of a learning curve, but then i'm starting to get used to it now and am starting to get extremely impressed with it!
    Ben

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Stand by for a steeper learning curve than with Zencart. Joomla is a great program, but the Admin options make Zencart's look downright logical.
    That's what I've heard. I did download Joomla. Just haven't unzipped it yet...
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

They just announced a security update today (1.5.11), so you'll need to download it again .

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anurag
    i'd like to do this too - redirect to a page outside of zencart (a joomla homepage in my root directory) - did you manage to find a solution?
    I realise it is sometime since you posted this but i hope you may have got somewhere in the meantime
    many thanks
    ben
    Dear Ben,

That was a long time ago and I did figure it out, but I am not sure whether the solution would work for you as well. In my case I really needed to log which registered users clicks on a link to another web site which was unrelated to that company. I did not need to take care whether the user remained logged in or not. Another consideration was that all my changes have been made to an older release of ZenCart (1.2.5), for the current version a different approach may be appropriate.

If you want to combine Joomla and ZenCart you could look into a bridge as someone already has mentioned. I think there are two different kind of bridges as of now, but I do not have any experience with either of them (it is on my list of what-to-do-in-my-spare-time, although admittedly not very high :)

Anyways, the way I achieved it was by adding an additional page to ZenCart which had the code that was logging the user information in the database before redirecting. Then I modified the file called html_header.php which is in
    Code:
    templates/YOURTEMPLATE/common/html_header.php
    The modified code looked like this:
    Code:

// added to set the meta tag refresh to redirect to retrieve.com

// Is current page "redirect" ?
    $body_id =$_GET['main_page'];

if ($body_id == 'redirect' ) {
    define('REDIRECT_SWITCH', '2;URL=http://MYURL/');
    }
    else {
    define('REDIRECT_SWITCH', '');