Plugin Contributions

Default Can I restore the includes/languages/ENGLISH/index.php file?

So I was trying to do the all famous 'remove the congrats from main page' stunt and now my site is all screwy and out of place.......as you can see here http://siteground172.com/~zingslin/myzencart

My biggest mistake, I saved it over the original file instead of under my custom as instructed to. Can I fix this? I changed the 'congratulations......' back to how it was before I edited it. At least I think I did.

Please help

Here's the area of my file if it will help any:

// This section deals with the "home" page at the top level with no options/products selected
    /*Replace this text with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution.');
    } elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {
    // This section deals with displaying a subcategory
    /*Replace this line with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution.');
    }
    ?>

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I restore the includes/languages/ENGLISH/index.php file?

Quote Originally Posted by bittke07 View Post
    So I was trying to do the all famous 'remove the congrats from main page' stunt and now my site is all screwy and out of place.......as you can see here http://siteground172.com/~zingslin/myzencart

My biggest mistake, I saved it over the original file instead of under my custom as instructed to. Can I fix this? I changed the 'congratulations......' back to how it was before I edited it. At least I think I did.

Please help

Here's the area of my file if it will help any:

// This section deals with the "home" page at the top level with no options/products selected
    /*Replace this text with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
    } elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {
    // This section deals with displaying a subcategory
    /*Replace this line with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
    }
    ?>
    Your stylesheets aren't loading on your page, I don't know that that would be related to the language file. When I view source on your site, there's no css files listed as there should be near the top of the site.

Do you have your stylesheets uploaded to your includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/ folder?

Plugin Contributions

oh boy, lol i have No idea. I looked nice before I tried to edit the before mentioned part and I haven't changed anything else.

Here's what I have under myzencart / includes / templates / template_default / css /

CSS_read_me.txt2
    print_stylesheet.css
    stylesheet.css
    stylesheet_css_buttons.css

and this under myzencart / includes / templates / classic / css /

CSS_read_me.txt
    print_stylesheet.css
    stylesheet.css
    stylesheet_css_buttons.css

Thanks for looking at this for me. I've been searching for hours trying to figure this out.
    Last edited by Ajeh; 23 Mar 2007 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Links were going to cpanel ... removed

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bittke07 View Post
    oh boy, lol i have No idea. I looked nice before I tried to edit the before mentioned part and I haven't changed anything else.
    Well, your css file is showing up online, just not on your site.

http://siteground172.com/~zingslin/m...stylesheet.css

Do you still have zen cart's original files on your computer? You could re-upload that english/index.php. Anyway, I'll attach the contents of that file to this thread as a text file. Just copy the content and paste over what is there now. Don't know that it will help anything, but can't hurt.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again. Just copied the text file and replaced it but the page still looks the same. So maybe it's not something I did to myself afterall? lol. I'm not sure where to even go next - would i contact my host? or ZenCart? Thanks so much.

Plugin Contributions

It looks like something might have gotten deleted or corrupted somehow. Can you go into the admin and try selecting one of the standard ZC templates that are inlcuded with the install (like Classic Green) and see if that makes a difference?
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey