Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't put items on sale

Thanks Linda,

That seemed to do the trick for me as well.

Liam, I actually left mine as =true, since my store is setup as a showcase with prices the shoppingcart function isn't active anyway. The added benefit is I don't have to muck around with this function if I want to feature products or set them up on specials.

thanks again,

--max

Plugin Contributions

Hello All,
    I'm new to Zen Cart, but everything was going so well until now (just before going live).
    My problem is that I created a Sale but the sale price doesn't show until I go into "Products Price Manager" and click on "Details" and the sale price appears. There's almost 1,000 items so I can't do this one by one. Any ideas would be great.
    My store version is 1.3.7
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you do not have master_categories_id set in your products table ...

Did you import your products?

Do you use Linked Products?

If you do NOT use Linked Products ... there is a quick fix for this by going to the Tools ... Store Manager ...

1 Reset ALL Products Master Categories ID
    to be used for Linked Products and Pricing

2 Update ALL Products Price Sorter
    to be able to sort by displayed prices

If you DO use Linked Products ... what will happen is the first categories_id found in the products_to_categories table will be used as the master_categories_id to fix this ... that is sometimes correct and sometimes not ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for quick reply. While I was waiting I did go into Store Manager and reset a bunch of stuff without typing anything into any of the fields, and that did fix the problem.
    I did import these items, and there is only one linked product, and it shouldn't be, but I know why it is, and I'll take care of that.
    Why did this happen? Everything looked O.K. I used Easy Populate to import. I'm a bit worried now because I have 2600 items ready to import and I don't want this to pop up again. So, if you know what I need to fix before uploading the rest of my items I'd love to know now how to keep this from happening again.
    Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Import programs usually do not manage the master_categories_id nor the products_price_sorter correctly ...

This is one of the reasons for including those updates in the Store Manager to try to correct data that is corrupt or missing data ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks I'll remember that. So far this conversion to Zencart hasn't been bad. It's really been pretty smooth with just one problem that had me stumped.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    NOTE: this works in this ancient version of Zen Cart ... this is not necessarily the only solution to this oddity but definitely worth looking into ...
    Changing the "Add Products to Cart" for the product type worked a treat in 1.3.7 as I was having the same problem - seems a bit strange this one - but solves the problem.
    Linda - still seems to be the same "bug" with the featured and specials screen list in admin with the latest release.
    In admin/featured.php may be one of the commands around line 219 may get an easy fix, but I don't know enough about PHP to give a finished code fix. Perhaps a PHP could have alook and fix for the next update?
    Hope my comments help with the project development.

Plugin Contributions

I found the code in ..admin/featured.php that is causing the products to not list for selection as featured or specials.
    It is on line 250 in featured.php - last php comment - just removing it should fix the problem I think.
    Should be the same in specials.php ... the same line will exist in that also, so will be an easy fix.

Linda, there must have been a reason for this argument/statement to be put in originally. Can you think of any reason or other functions that would be negatively impacted upon if it was just deleted?

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the tip in admin/featured.php! I needed a fix that did not require turning on "add to cart" to my product type. I needed login capabilities to my shop but otherwise wanted a product showcase, so this setup was my only way to achieve that.

In the admin/featured.php file search for-
    "// do not include things that cannot go in the cart" [line 249].
    Then on line 250 change the code to this:

/* $not_for_cart = $db->Execute("select p.products_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCT_TYPES . " pt on p.products_type= pt.type_id where pt.allow_add_to_cart = 'N'");

while (!$not_for_cart->EOF) {
    $featured_array[] = $not_for_cart->fields['products_id'];
    $not_for_cart->MoveNext();
    }*/
    }

?>

This will comment out the logic telling it not to allow products you can't add to cart to the featured list. Remember to make a backup copy of your original file just in case!
    Thanks again!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123