Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Anyone interested in the auction mod?

Has anyone been able to use this mod? Does anyone have it running on their site? I downloaded the files but there is an overwrite for a lot of files and I don't want to do that. I see someone asked if it was necessary for all the overwrites, but the post received no reply.

Thanks,
    Kelly

Plugin Contributions

I've got it running in two of my stores. I've had it for a while now, and I remember I had problems in the beginning.
    I don't think I did all the overwrites. The first time I installed it I followed the instructions completely, all the overwrites, and I was getting error msgs. I restored some of the original files and got rid of the errors, and stopped right there.
    Sorry this isn't more help, but the MOD will work. I don't get all the email notifications. It only sends out two, one if you've placed a bid, and someone outbids you, and at the end of the auction it sends the winner an email. I was happy with that so I stopped messing with it. One day I might try re-installing, but for now it's O.K.

Plugin Contributions

nstalled Zen Auctions V.095_for Zen V.1.3.7 and have a few issues.

First, while I do receive an email stating that someone has bid or outbid, I do not receive an email stating who actually won which may be a bit confusing. Ok, it would be very confusing...LOL

Also, when someone signs in and places a bid, a security pop up window comes up stating that , "Although this page is encrypted the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party. Do you want to continue?"

Now, my cart does have SSL encryption, so I am confused as to why this is coming up? My customers will FREAK!! and not bid.

I really do not want to go live with this until I get some resolution or suggestions on what to do with these issues. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gxjenkins View Post
    After replacing tpl_login_default.php with my original file I'm only getting the one Security Message that Secure, and Non Secure items are loading on this page. Plus I'm not getting the emails now. I'm pretty sure the code that generated the emails was in the tpl_login_default.php file, and I'll have to do a compare to see whats missing. All and all it's running pretty good now, and once I get rid of that pesky security message I'll be happy with this mod. Fixing the emails should be just a matter of moving the email code from one file to another.
    I am no PHP expert by any means, but I have fixed the security message (at least it worked for me). When you want to bid and you click on the button to login, it was taking you to the login screen with http instead of https. Also, once you login and enter the amount you want to bid, the minute you click on "submit bid" you get a security message because it is going to take you back to the same page, but non ssl. I think I have fixed these two problems.

go to includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_product_auction_info_display.php

find
    $_SESSION['navigation']->set_snapshot(); echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_AUCTION_LOG_IN,

(its line 138 for me)

and change it to:
    Code:
    $_SESSION['navigation']->set_snapshot(); echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL') . '">' . zen_image_button
    That will take them to a secure log in page.

Then to fix the security message when they bid:

Find

<?php echo zen_draw_form('place_bid', zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($_GET['products_id']), zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=place_bid'),

(line 177 for me)

and change it to
    Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_form('place_bid', zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($_GET['products_id']), zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=place_bid', 'SSL'),
    Once again, if any PHP masters out there know that I did this wrong, please reply. But I've tested this several times and its worked everytime.

Now if only I could figure out the issue with the emails.....

Plugin Contributions

YOU ROCK!! Genius girl....awesome, fantastic, stupendous! Thanks for taking the time to work on the issue and solve it!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by craftzombie View Post
    I am no PHP expert by any means, but I have fixed the security message (at least it worked for me). When you want to bid and you click on the button to login, it was taking you to the login screen with http instead of https. Also, once you login and enter the amount you want to bid, the minute you click on "submit bid" you get a security message because it is going to take you back to the same page, but non ssl. I think I have fixed these two problems.

go to includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_product_auction_info_display.php

find
    $_SESSION['navigation']->set_snapshot(); echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_AUCTION_LOG_IN,

(its line 138 for me)

and change it to:
    Code:
    $_SESSION['navigation']->set_snapshot(); echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL') . '">' . zen_image_button
    That will take them to a secure log in page.

Then to fix the security message when they bid:

Find

<?php echo zen_draw_form('place_bid', zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($_GET['products_id']), zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=place_bid'),

(line 177 for me)

and change it to
    Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_form('place_bid', zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($_GET['products_id']), zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=place_bid', 'SSL'),
    Once again, if any PHP masters out there know that I did this wrong, please reply. But I've tested this several times and its worked everytime.

Now if only I could figure out the issue with the emails.....

When I first installed the MOD I got an email when the auction ended. I don't anymore. Are you getting that one?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gxjenkins View Post
    When I first installed the MOD I got an email when the auction ended. I don't anymore. Are you getting that one?
    Nope, I only get outbid notices. I know the file that handles the emails, but I don't know PHP so I have no clue how to fix it. For now I will just start all the auctions on the same day and send manual emails to the winning bidders. It sucks. Wish I knew someone who could fix it.

Plugin Contributions

I think that's what I'll do is start them all on the same day. I always forget to list one, or two, but I can start them the next time around. Plus, if I place a bid on each one I'll get an email for the auctions that anyone bids on. Those I won't delete when they end.

If I learn anymore I'll post it here.

Plugin Contributions

hey guys, i dunno if this fixes the email problem you are having or not, but all i have done is i commented out the function sendclosedlostemail in the class.productauction file, and all my emails seem to be working fine. test it and let me know what happens

Plugin Contributions

hello all, I also download this mod and trying it out on my local PC first. When i come to the includes/templates/template_default/template folder, I was so intimidated by the number of files that I need to overwrite!

Is it really necessary to overwrite those files? if not all are necessary, how do we know which files are required to be overwrite? Overwriting such a big number of files may deem previous module installation incomplete or fail. and there is also a folder name "bak auction" exists in this folder, what are those files for? are they necessary to upload as well?

if anyone has succeed installing this mod, can you share with me your experience? really need to install this Auction product type to the existing shopping cart...

thanks everyone!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast