Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Anyone interested in the auction mod?

I have it installed, and working. I would suggest you do a complete backup before installing, and then install the MOD complletly. Tnen make the changes that craftzombie suggest. You should be O.K. after that.

Plugin Contributions

Hi gxjenkins

thanks for the reply. I installed it on my pc for testing, only add in the includes/templates/template_default/tpl_product_auction_info_display.php

i ignore the rest of the tpl files in that folder. But for the rest of the files in the MOD, i uploaded all.

My current situation:
    - I saw Auction Manager, working ok
    - I set Product -Auction to Y under Add to Cart column in Product Type, and - set this product to be considered a sub-type of Product-Auction
    - I can add in the Auction category, and add new product with Product Auction type --- but something happen here.. will inform below
    - I can see the bid product, I can bid for it
    - regarding the email function, cannot test it out yet becos this is run on my PC instead of real online (i used EasyPHP, cannot send out emails.. or is it suppose to be able to send email even for testing on PC?)

Problems:
    - during the product creation page, when i click add new product - Auction type, there is a Invalid Master Category ID error message, although I can still insert the new product after filling in the info, I am quite skeptical what does this mean to my database. what is the consequences when there is this error message of Invalid Master Category ID?

- at the product detail page for the auction product, I cannot see the small line at the bottom which mentioned about the time the product is added or the auction is expiring when. These two lines are however visible during the product creation page when i click preview in the admin control panel.

I did try to copy the codes from preview_info.php of admin/includes/modules/product_auction/ , but all it show at the product page is this line below, align left instead of center:

TEXT_PRODUCT_DATE_ADDED
    TEXT_PRODUCT_DATE_EXPIRES

I'm stuck and dunno how to go from here. I have not install this on my live site yet..

another thing, wanna check with you since you have it working on your site, from the admin control panel, I can't see any bidding history about the auction product, do I? I can't even see from admin who has bid for it, and from the customer listing, I also can't see that they have bid for something, is that the situation for you as well? As an admin, will you get any notification that who has win the bidding, example being cc in the outgoing email?

thanks for your patience reading this long reply..
    Last edited by nataliajoe; 18 Sep 2007 at 11:28 AM. Reason: add on

Plugin Contributions

sorry once again, i've another question.

After the customer has win the bid, I saw that when the customer log in, there will be a congratulations sentence and a button name Pay Now to bring the customer to check out. After i've paid for the item, item delivered, and order updated, transaction considered closed, I still see the pay now button on the screen. How to remove that?

And, there isn't a way to set bid increment limit, is it?
    Last edited by nataliajoe; 18 Sep 2007 at 11:43 AM. Reason: add on

Plugin Contributions

do we have to run zen_auction_update.sql in the download package?

As I saw this file is modified on year 2002, and zen_auctions.sql dated february 2006. Hence I decided to only install the zen_auctions.sql instead of installing both..

Plugin Contributions

hi all

trying to get rid of the Pay Now button after the winning bidder has paid for the item. but still can't find any successful walkaround to it. I wanted to, if i can, to reduce the auctioned product quantity to 0 after the auction is over, in order to avoid successful check out process.. if there is no stock, they can't be possible to buy...

but to my surprise, the product quantity in the admin panel is set to 1 and there is no way I can modify it... why? It is listed as 1 even when I just create a new product and it is not a box that I can change the number to something else.
    where can I change in order for it to be editable?

if i select it as out of stock, it is totally invisible from the catalog... don't really want it to be invisible, will like it to be there, so that people can still view.. or I just shift it into my blog and write it as a news entry... maybe that's the only way..

natalia
    Last edited by nataliajoe; 20 Sep 2007 at 04:20 AM. Reason: add on

Plugin Contributions

me again...

I found out the way to change the product quantity to 0, but it still doesn't stop appearance of the Pay Now button or display the sold out image. so I look into the code around the Pay Now button, and change to become the following... however, this does stop the Pay Now button from appearing, no matter whether the product quantity is 0 or 1...

any insights? how to amend this code in tpl_product_auction_info_display.php?

Code:
    <?php 
    if ($button_check->fields['products_quantity'] <= 0 and SHOW_PRODUCTS_SOLD_OUT_IMAGE == '1') {

$the_button = zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_SOLD_OUT, BUTTON_SOLD_OUT_ALT);

} else {

$the_button = '<input type="hidden" name="cart_quantity" value="1" />' . zen_draw_hidden_field('price', $auction_current_bid) . zen_draw_hidden_field('products_id', (int)$_GET['products_id']) . zen_image_submit(BUTTON_IMAGE_AUCTION_PAY_NOW, BUTTON_AUCTION_PAY_NOW_ALT);

echo $the_button;		  
    }
    ?>
    as long as this Pay Now button can hide/unhide according to the product quantity (i will be manually editing the quantity), at least better than the user keeps seeing the pay now button.. although in terms of logic, it should go away once the bidder pays for it immediately...

but never mind.. if i can get this to work, i am more than happy...

Plugin Contributions

Hi all,

until today, still couldn't get the Pay Now button hide/unhide according to the product quantity level.

I have do this, change this original code around line 76 or tpl_product_auction_info_display.php

Code:
    <td class="main"><?php
               $the_button = '<input type="hidden" name="cart_quantity" value="1" />' . zen_draw_hidden_field('price', $auction_current_bid) . zen_draw_hidden_field('products_id', (int)$_GET['products_id']) . zen_image_submit(BUTTON_IMAGE_AUCTION_PAY_NOW, BUTTON_AUCTION_PAY_NOW_ALT);
               echo $the_button;
    ?></td>
    to

Code:
    if ($check_products_all->fields['products_quantity'] = 0 || SHOW_PRODUCTS_SOLD_OUT_IMAGE == '1') {     
    $the_button = zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_SOLD_OUT, BUTTON_SOLD_OUT_ALT);

echo $the_button;

} else {

echo $the_button;          
    }
    the sold out button does appear, but it won't change to Pay Now button even if the product quantity is more than 0. Can anyone help me to spot why this if..else statement won't work?

really hope that someone can help... thanks a lot!

Plugin Contributions

Other than the same problems I see, has anyone experienced this error?

Email Error: Could not instantiate mail function.

Plugin Contributions

changing from php to sendmail solved the 1 problem.
    Does anyone know how/why the bid has to be above $1.00 plus the start bid to be accepted?
    I want to change it so we can have a lower start on the bidding, example
    we have an item that bid is started at $.10 and a bid of $.20 will be accepted and not as it is with the bid needing to be at least $1.10, where do I change the base of $1.00???

Plugin Contributions

Any news on this mod?
    havent heard from stampsville, wondering if he was still working on it
    Andy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast