Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Stuck in a loop with NZ vs NZD as currency

When i installed the paypal module i tested it and it came up with the error can't connect to paypal site bla, bla,bla (10426). So i browsed the forums looking for an answer and found the paypal update thread.

So i then uninstalled the paypal express checkout module and uploaded all the files onto my server from the Patch Issued March 21, 2007 (the lastest one). Now I don't get any error messages but instead i am stuck in a loop. It goes from step one, then to two, then to three, i click confirm order then it goes back to step 2 again.

I get the following error sent to my email address from paypal:-
    10426 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. - Order total is invalid.
    I'm not sure what order total is invalid means or how to fix it. Any idea's?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stuck in a loop

just a quick update on this matter. I talked with my hosting company here in nz just to check to see if i need a curl proxy server etc and they said that curl is already activated on their network and I shouldn't need to use a proxy address.
    So in config>my store> the curl proxy status is set to false and the curl proxy address is left blank. I'm not sure what else to do really. Im stuck!

Plugin Contributions

ok here is a copy of my log file. please can someone have a look and see what is going wrong here:-

Code:
    2007-03-27 05:05:23
    -------------------
    (live transaction) --> https://api-3t.paypal.com/nvp
    Request Headers: 
    Array
    (
        [0] => Content-Type: text/namevalue
        [1] => X-VPS-Timeout: 45
        [2] => X-VPS-VIT-Client-Type: PHP/cURL
        [3] => X-VPS-VIT-Integration-Product: PHP::Zen Cart - WPP-NVP
        [4] => X-VPS-VIT-Integration-Version: 0.1
    )

Request Parameters: {SetExpressCheckout} 
    Array
    (
        [LOCALECODE] => US
        [PAYMENTACTION] => Sale
        [NOSHIPPING] => 1
        [email] => [email protected]
        [PHONENUM] => 5476304
        [AMT] => 0.00
        [RETURNURL] => http://www.hostinz.co.nz/shoppingcart/ipn_main_handler.php?type=ec
        [CANCELURL] => http://www.hostinz.co.nz/shoppingcart/index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping&ec_cancel=1
        [PAGESTYLE] => Primary
        [METHOD] => SetExpressCheckout
        [CURRENCYCODE] => NZD
        [USER] => sales_api1.hostinz.co.nz
        [PWD] => ****************
        [VERSION] => 2.3
        [SIGNATURE] => ****************************************************y0KR
    )

Response: 
    Array
    (
        [TIMESTAMP] => 2007-03-27T05:05:24Z
        [CORRELATIONID] => 795d014a1a852
        [ACK] => Failure
        [L_ERRORCODE0] => 10426
        [L_SHORTMESSAGE0] => Transaction refused because of an invalid argument.  See additional error messages for details.
        [L_LONGMESSAGE0] => Order total is invalid.
        [L_SEVERITYCODE0] => Error
        [VERSION] => 2.300000
        [BUILD] => 1.0006
        [CURL_ERRORS] => 
    )

SetExpressCheckout, Elapsed: 1526ms -- Failure

TIMESTAMP=2007%2d03%2d27T05%3a05%3a24Z&CORRELATIONID=795d014a1a852&ACK=Failure&L_ERRORCODE0=10426&L_SHORTMESSAGE0=Transaction%20refused%20because%20of%20an%20invalid%20argument%2e%20%20See%20additional%20error%20messages%20for%20details%2e&L_LONGMESSAGE0=Order%20total%20is%20invalid%2e&L_SEVERITYCODE0=Error&VERSION=2%2e300000&BUILD=1%2e0006&CURL_ERRORS=
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

[AMT] => 0.00

[ACK] => Failure
    [L_ERRORCODE0] => 10426
    [L_SHORTMESSAGE0] => Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
    [L_LONGMESSAGE0] => Order total is invalid.
    You can't place an order for zero dollars.

I suspect you've deleted the USD currency from your store, and you've left the PayPal module set to accept payments in USD only, rather than NZD.
    What are the settings for your module in Zen Cart admin ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

These are my settings for the paypal express module:-

Enable this Payment Module

True

Sort order of display.

Payment Zone
    --none--

Set Order Status
    Processing [2]

Set Unpaid Order Status
    Pending [1]

Set Refund Order Status
    Pending [1]

Express Checkout: Require Confirmed Address
    No

Express Checkout: Select Cheapest Shipping Automatically
    Yes

Express Checkout: Skip Payment Page
    Yes

Express Checkout: Automatic Account Creation
    Yes

Payment Action
    Final Sale

Transaction Currency
    Only NZD

PayPal Page Style
    Primary

API Signature -- Username
    sales_api1.hostinz.co.nz

API Signature -- Password

API Signature -- Signature Code

Live or Sandbox
    live

Debug Mode
    Log File

Yes I have deleted the USD curreny but i have set up a NZD currency as follows:-

Title: New Zealand Dollar Code: NZ
    Symbol Left: $
    Symbol Right: NZD
    Decimal Point: .
    Thousands Point: , Decimal Places: 2
    Last Updated:
    Value: 1.00000000
    Example Output:
    $30.00NZD = $30.00NZD

Plugin Contributions

forgot to add:-
    I noticed that when i was in localization > currencies > edit > and i changed the code from NZ to NZD all the prices on my products displayed 0. why did this happen? What does this code do exactly? has this got anything to do with my paypal problem?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The correct currency code is NZD. If you were using NZ, then the module was trying to convert from "NZ" to "NZD" in order to do the payment. Since it didn't find NZD, nor USD, it used an exchange rate of 0, thus ending up with submitting a $0.00 order.

So, yes, you need to have it switch to NZD.
    Set NZD as default.

If you've entered "NZ" anywhere else as a currency code, go change it to NZD.

Then log out of your cart, close your browser, perhaps clear your cache, and then test the site again. The prices should switch to NZD instead of 0's.

If that still doesn't switch them, either wait 25 minutes and try again, or add &currency=NZD to your URL to force your current browser session to use NZD instead of what it had memorized as NZ for its active session (which expires after 24 min of inactivity).

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help...but my currency code was 'NZ' and when I had it this way it displayed all the prices correctly. When I changed to the correct 'NZD' the prices displayed 0.
    NZD is the only currency i am using, because that is all i need for my shop so there shouldn't be anything interfering with it. I have tried clearing my cache, waiting 30mins, even tried it on another computer (from which I have never browsed my shop before) but still displays just 0. however i did try adding '&currency=NZD' to the end of the url and the prices displayed properly but obviously I need all the prices to be displayed correctly automatically.

Note: when i added '&currency=NZD' (with my currency code set to 'NZD') paypal express worked fine and so did paypal ipn.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hostinz View Post
    i did try adding '&currency=NZD' to the end of the url and the prices displayed properly but obviously I need all the prices to be displayed correctly automatically.

Note: when i added '&currency=NZD' (with my currency code set to 'NZD') paypal express worked fine and so did paypal ipn.
    Of course. So, the issue is ensuring that your store actually sets NZD as the default currency properly.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    If you've entered "NZ" anywhere else as a currency code, go change it to NZD.
    Did you edit your currency setting in your language files? ie: english.php
    Code:
      define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'NZ');
    If so, you need to change 'NZ' to 'NZD' for consistency.

Plugin Contributions

Default Fixed :D

Thanks Drbyte!

Like you suggested I changed this in my index.php file:-

PHP Code:
    // if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY''NZD'); 
    It was set to USD instead NZD and my NZD currency in my zen cart admin was set to default thats why it didn't work properly. Paypal and everything works fine now.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by hostinz; 29 Mar 2007 at 12:20 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast