Plugin Contributions

Default PHP5 in roadmap?

Is there a target release or date for when ZC will 'officially' be deemed to run with/under PHP5 ? I didn't see it in the development roadmap in the corresponding forum.

We have a number of new storefronts we will be deploying in the coming months, running on new servers, but also have other, non-zen (XML processing) code that needs PHP5 to function. We would greatly prefer to have the new servers built with PHP5 if at all possible, but am concerned about the various PHP5 problems we have seen mentioned in the forums.

Hence the question of when 'ZC runs under PHP5' is to be made official.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been previously asked; would appreciate a post as to where to find the answer if that is the case.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP5 in roadmap?

Probably when php 5 works 100% correctly ...

At this time, while Zen Cart is not listing php 5.x as the version of choice we do make it more and more compliant but we will not say that until php 5.x settles down and stops throwing up ... err ... has worked out its bugs and such on a larger audience of users ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I understand. I just spent some time reading some post- PHP5.2.1 bug reports (non-ZC-related) and have my own misgivings about it. . . I wish the other code was backward-compatible with PHP4 but no luck there, unfortunately.

Thank you Ajeh for the amazingly quick response. I think we'll probably build a testbed with PHP5, install ZC and see if we encounter any problems with a non-critical test store that is 'typical' in configuration for the new ones and see how it goes. I suppose we can try one of the PHP5-as-a-module, PHP4-as-cgi solutions I've seen mention of elsewhere in the ZC forums if we have to.

I'm glad PHP5 compliance is being kept as a goal as you go along.

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I'm running PHP 5.1.6 and MySQL 5.0.19 here on my test server (not publically accessible.) I've installed Zen Cart 1.3.7 on it and all seems to be fine so far. I don't imagine I'm giving it a real workout, though.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

My host is PHP5 and MySQL5, i'm trying to figure out what i can do to pass Zen Cart inspection steps and test it in my local environment. Would you mind to share or point me what type of changes in files are required ?