Plugin Contributions

red flag Arghhh Linkpoint and Surpass!? ..Decline

Hey everyone, I need some help quick.

I use linkpoint API and Surpasshosting

So I found out from a customer that my site is declining credit cards. I dont know when it started happening, or why, but its happening.

In January I was accepting orders and getting payments fine, and I never changed anything....I was pretty slow and busy with other things in February, so I lost track of things. Somewhere in February I believe, My site started to decline all credit cards.

Im not sure whats causing it but I keep getting this message "Your card has been declined. Please re-enter in your card information, try another card, or contact the store owner for assistance."

Ive used 3 of my own credit cards on a test product and gotten the same response. It always happen after you click "confirm order."

I read around the forums and contacted my hosting company to make sure port 1129 was still open and that I had cUrl support, they said the port is still open and I have cUrl support, so I have absolutely NO idea whats wrong...please help.

This is teh version im using:
    Zen Cart 1.3.5
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.5

The ONLYother thing I cna think of tahts wrong is that im getting this message and it has something to do with why cards are declining,

"Warning WARNING: The Admin Activity Log table has records over 2 months old and should be cleaned ... 09-16-2006"

But im not sure if that makes any sense

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Arghhh Linkpoint and Surpass!? ..Decline

Quote Originally Posted by slantedworldwide View Post
    The ONLYother thing I cna think of tahts wrong is that im getting this message and it has something to do with why cards are declining,

"Warning WARNING: The Admin Activity Log table has records over 2 months old and should be cleaned ... 09-16-2006"
    The admin activity log message is unrelated.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Arghhh Linkpoint and Surpass!? ..Decline

Im not sure whats causing it but I keep getting this message "Your card has been declined. Please re-enter in your card information, try another card, or contact the store owner for assistance."

Ive used 3 of my own credit cards on a test product and gotten the same response. It always happen after you click "confirm order."

This is teh version im using:
    Zen Cart 1.3.5
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.5
    1. What is Linkpoint customer service saying about each of these declined transactions? Perhaps there's a setting got changed in your account?

2. Can you see anything in your Linkpoint manager console (when you login to your linkpoint account) which explains more information about each "decline" ?

3. You might talk to your bank or whoever has your merchant account and make sure nothing's expired there which could cause transactions to be declined.

4. If you go to your Zen Cart admin and edit the Linkpoint payment module's settings to "Enable Database Storage" = True, then it'll store the communication results in the "linkpoint_api" table in your database.
    If you view that table via phpMyadmin, you'll see the responses sent back from Linkpoint.
    Although I think all you're going to see there is the same declined message. It might have a bit more info though.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.