Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

application error Server Free Disk Space Error on Installation

I have just uploaded ZEN Cart 1.3.7 to my ISP (Namescout) server in the /estore folder and tried to run the installation /estore/zc_install and receive a Red Cross against "Server Free Disk Space = -1017.34 GB"

Can anyone help? It's becoming very fustrating....

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Server Free Disk Space Error on Installation

[quote=Garage.Dude;349553]I have just uploaded ZEN Cart 1.3.7 to my ISP (Namescout) server in the /estore folder and tried to run the installation /estore/zc_install and receive a Red Cross against "Server Free Disk Space = -1017.34 GB"

Can anyone help? It's becoming very fustrating....

I have re-ftp'd the files a number of times with different ftp programs without success.

I have set the correct permissions of 777 on the specific folders without success.

The ISP claims that they have other clients using ZEN Cart so it should work with their server platform versions / software.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your hosting server's PHP setup is reporting the negative disk space.
    Sorry, there's nothing we can do to change that.
    I suspect it can be ignored because in your case the number is too wacky to be an accurate representation of available disk space.

If you proceed with installation, does it work?

I'd be more concerned about the PHP API Mode being CGI ...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Your hosting server's PHP setup is reporting the negative disk space.
    Sorry, there's nothing we can do to change that.
    I suspect it can be ignored because in your case the number is too wacky to be an accurate representation of available disk space.

If you proceed with installation, does it work?

I'd be more concerned about the PHP API Mode being CGI ...
    Nope.

If I continue the installation program returns to the Welcome start page. It does not continue with the installation and does not complete.

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Server Free Disk Space Error on Installation

Nope.

If I continue the installation program returns to the Welcome start page. It does not continue with the installation and does not complete.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As a workaround, try this:

edit /zc_install/includes/modules/pages/inspect/header_php.php
    starting line 143:
    Code:
        $disk_freespaceGB=round(@diskfreespace($path_trans)/1024/1024/1024,2);
        $disk_freespaceMB=round(@diskfreespace($path_trans)/1024/1024,2);
    change to:
    Code:
        $disk_freespaceGB=abs(round(@disk_free_space($path_trans)/1024/1024/1024,2));
        $disk_freespaceMB=abs(round(@disk_free_space($path_trans)/1024/1024,2));

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Server Free Disk Space Error on Installation

The change to header_php.php removes the red cross from the Server Free Disk space but when continuing it still flips me back to the Welcome screen.

No go. Still cannot install.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You said it keeps going back to the main page?

Please check that all the files/folders in the /zc_install/includes/modules folder and subfolders have been uploaded properly.

Sometimes uploads fail and aren't recovered properly, and sometimes left with zero-byte files, etc.

I realize you said you've already re-ftp'd files, but .. the fact that it's going back to the main page suggests that something's missing...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

A couple other thoughts:
    - For your server, you might also need to rename the /zc_install/.htaccess file to htaccess_off

- and it's possible that your server's configuration doesn't like the longer URLs generated during installation. This is more complicated to work around.

- do you have any ability to have your host change your PHP mode to ISAPI instead of running as CGI ? This could be the cause of the problems ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast