Plugin Contributions

Default Removing "Congratulations! You have successfully installed..." with Apple Zen

Hi,

This is my first time using Zen Cart, and it's going quite well so far, but I am having a lot of trouble removing the "Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution." message from the front page.

I've been reading the FAQ, and it says that the text should be in
    includes/languages/ENGLISH/index.php, but I am using the Apple Zen template, and it doesn't seem to be there. The only file I have in includes/languages is includes/languages/apple_zen/english.php.

I downloaded a program so I could search through every php file on the site for that text, and couldn't find it anywhere, I'm really stumped.

I also can't find where the "To change any of the site colors, open up includes/templates/apple_zen/css/stylesheet.css. To overwrite your own logo, upload your logo.gif to includes/templates/apple_zen/images/" text is stored.

If anyone has some experience of this template and could tell me if I am looking in the wrong place, or if I have installed the template incorrectly I would really appreciate it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing "Congratulations! You have successfully installed..." with Apple Zen

I'm not familiar with the template, but if it didn't come with an index.php file, all you need to do is copy includes/languages/ENGLISH/index.php into includes/languages/apple_zen/ and edit the copy.

If you have ZC unzipped on your computer (makes life easier), you can copy the file locally, open includes/languages/apple_zen/index.php with a good text editor (Notepad or Crimson Editor), make the changes you need and then use a good FTP program (like Filezilla) to upload it to the includes/languages/apple_zen/ on your website.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing "Congratulations! You have successfully installed..." with Apple Zen

You might also want to take a peek at the Apple Zen support thread.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Thanks very much for the advice, perfect, sorted that out a treat :)

For any one else who can't find the file for "To change any of the site colors, open up includes/templates/apple_zen/css/stylesheet.css. To overwrite your own logo, upload your logo.gif to includes/templates/apple_zen/images/" in the Apple Zen template, it in included/languages/english/apple_zen/header.php

Plugin Contributions

Didn't work for me

I have copied the index.php file that i have edited with my text instead of "Congratulations..... etc" and i still get the same text, any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Did you install your template in the admin under tools->template selection?
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Yea i did. i just installed again and will try it again.

Thanks for the reply :-)