Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Payflow pro Module- Uk Debit Card issue with issue dates

Installed latest payflow Module in Zen 1.3.7.

Installed no probs
    I also have the latest express and patch installed and IPN also (intend just running payflow and IPN without the agro of express as too many options seem to confuse most people!), but have "switched off" the Express module for the moment.

Created SSL cert from paypal and placed in folder and placed file path in payflow module.

Did a test purchase with my own Visa card, and worked straight away.
    Did a test purchase with my own Switch debitcard and it keeps coming up with the warning bar saying the expiration date is invalid?

Noticed that none of the test card numbers in the module include switch cards.

All card types are switched on in Admin.
    No zoning restrictions on any payment methods.

Checked my includes/classes/cc_validation.php to see what cards are supported, and Switch/maestro e.t.c are all there.

Has anyone else found this problem?

Thanks for the module, and in advance for any help.

J

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payflow pro Module- Uk Debit Card issue

Switch and Maestro are very inconsistent in the way they handle Start Date and Issue Number etc data.
    There is a growing recommendation from PayPal to not pre-validate this information, and instead simply pass all the known information to PayPal so they can pass it to the actual CC company for verification instead of validating it on your site on the same screen where the customer entered the information.

In that light, you could simply bypass the date-validations in cc_validation.php, by adding two lines, like this:
    Code:
        if ($expiry_y == $current_year) {
          if ($expiry_m < date('n')) {
            return -4;
          }
        }
    /*
        // check the issue month & year but only for Switch/Solo cards
        if (($start_m || $start_y) && in_array($this->cc_type, array('Switch', 'Solo'))) {
          if (!(is_numeric($start_m) && ($start_m > 0) && ($start_m < 13))) {
            return -2;
          }

if (strlen($start_y) == 2) {
            if ($start_y > 80) {
              $start_y = '19' . $start_y;
            } else {
              $start_y = '20' . $start_y;
            }
          }

if (!is_numeric($start_y) || ($start_y > $current_year)) {
            return -3;
          }
          if (!($start_y >= ($current_year - 10))) {
            return -3;
          }
        }
    */
        return $this->is_valid();
      }

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payflow pro Module- Uk Debit Card issue with issue dates

Wow, thanks for the speedy reply. I'll try that and get back!

Also, should the payflow module realise its a Switch card by the first 6 digits and then automatically show the extra fields for issue number/start date that are usually required for these cards?

Thanks

J

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Calljj View Post
    Also, should the payflow module realise its a Switch card by the first 6 digits and then automatically show the extra fields for issue number/start date that are usually required for these cards?
    No, that's not a built-in feature. You will have to custom-code that if you wish to have that behaviour.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Looks like I'll have to start work on that code to add the extra fields ( this should be a laugh from somene never playing with php!)

The module now accepts the switch data, but seems paypal is asking for more, as when hitting the confirmation button I get a yellow band at the top warning:

Result code: 7: Field format error: CARDSTART or CARDISSUE must be present
    There has been an error processing your credit card, please try again.

Plugin Contributions

Well, if anyone interested I have had a play with the great Payflow Module, and added the fields of start date and issue number in order to accept UK debit cards.

All works fine, passing the details across, however, problem is i've now got another issue, that funnily enough happens EXACTLY the same as when using my Switch card through paypal's virtual terminal...it comes back with the error

Result code: 112: Failed AVS Check: 10505-This transaction cannot be processed.
    There has been an error processing your credit card, please try again.

Which is related to the address check for the card.

I wrote to paypal yesterday, using an email address from their site, only to have it bounce back...great!

I've logged a support ticket so we'll see what they come back with.

Plugin Contributions

Anyone Know whether its possible to log the request that gets sent to paypal from this module...i've actually got someone from paypal actively looking at this...incredible!

Plugin Contributions

Well, no-one is replying, but i'll keep adding my findings in case this if of help to others who are having problems.

In the payflowpro.php under includes/modules/payment there is an option to set debug = on.

If you get a failure this will email you (the store owner address) with the details of the failure, i.e failure code from merchant, details that were sent to merchant e.t.c

I sent a copy of this output to paypal, who reported that they had noticed there was an extra zero in the postcode. huh? Many UK post codes are of the format, SO30 3JT.

So I tried again using my details, but left off the 0, i.e used format SO3 3JT and sure enough, it works!

So there we have it folks, there's another bug in paypal for UK users!

Of note this bug is also apparent when using the Paypal virtual terminal within paypal manager.

I've reported all above to Payapl and will let you know their response.

J

Plugin Contributions

And there's more!

I've worked out that Paypal doesn't like it when there is a zero in the postcode format i.e SO30 3JT (a valid uk postcode), it will only accept the above postcode in this format SO3 3JT (an invalid uk postcode).

However this bug is only happening on UK debit cards, i.e switch/maestro e.t.c NOT credit cards i.e VISA,/Mastercard

But there's more! It does work when using a value greater than 0, I.e using the postcode format SO31 3JT is fine (tried friend's switch cards with different postal codes!)

Also found another bug, within paypal virtual terminal and Paypal payflow pro, that if the switch card has an issue number, but no start date, it keeps asking for a start date. If you then select a start date (any start date!) it will then work. This is a similar bug to the "got a start date, but no issue number" bug, but in reverse!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Calljj View Post
    Also found another bug, within paypal virtual terminal and Paypal payflow pro, that if the switch card has an issue number, but no start date, it keeps asking for a start date. If you then select a start date (any start date!) it will then work. This is a similar bug to the "got a start date, but no issue number" bug, but in reverse!
    Yes, this one's a known issue -- the switch/maestro standards are not strictly enforced when the Credit Cards are manufactured. As such, the gateways have a hard time pre-validating the data. Best to not validate the issue number or start date fields ... just submit them raw, and if no value is supplied by the customer, enter 00 as a default. The credit card issuing bank will have to be the final authority on the validity of the card ... which is an issue PayPal will handle for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast