Plugin Contributions

Default Import customer data after upgrade?

I've just finished upgrading a client's site...the backup copy on my localhost machine, that is. To update his live site, I have to replace his files and db with what I have on my system. That will mean the loss of sales and customer data from the past roughly 36 hours. Alternatively, I can upgrade his live database and then reapply the various settings I made. That will be a lot more work.

Is there an easy way to import just the customer and sales data from the past 48 hours?

Thanks,
    Tim
    FestOS :: Open-source arts-n-crafts festival management system from skypanther

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Import customer data after upgrade?

Why do you have to replace the DB? You should be able to upload the ZC changes along with the zc_install folder and run the installer to upgrade the db only which will keep all the current data.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Import customer data after upgrade?

I'm upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.3.7. I did as you suggested when upgrading my localhost copy. I had to create a new template due to the differences between the versions and had to set many of the options in the admin system all over again. Also, at my customer's request, I installed the checkout without account mod.

I probably can do as you say, and then reapply the DB changes required by the COWOA mod. But, I'm thinking it would be a whole lot easier if I could just export the customer and sales data from the live site and import it into my copy.

Tim
    FestOS :: Open-source arts-n-crafts festival management system from skypanther