Plugin Contributions

Default Why do I receive identical email twice when somebody places an order?

I am a bit new to ZenCart and since I can't seem to find out how to do a boolean search on this site I will have to ask the question directly.

I am using the PayPal module and am receiving TWO identical email each time somebody places an order. This is in addition to the email from PayPal so in efect I receive ZenCart emails TWICE andanother PayPal.

Can somebody tell me why this is happening.

Also a not on how to do a proper boolean search on this forum also. i.e. (email OR mail) AND (twice OR TWO) insubject:

...if such a method is possible.

Tim

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Why do I receive identical email twice when somebody places an order?

Sorry, boolean searches are not an option as far as I'm aware.

As for double emails, check your Admin->Config->Email Options area for the Send Extra order Confirmation Emails setting.

Also if you're using v1.3.7, be sure to install the latest PayPal patch posted here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Why do I receive identical email twice when somebody places an order?

Thanks for that. I was indeed using version 1.3.7 and have applied the patch you mentioned. This does make me wonder, however, what other patches are applicable and how I keep up-to-date on vital patches?

I didn't see any item in the ADMIN>CONFIG>EMAIL which referred to 'Send Extra Email' though.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"Send Copy of Order Confirmation Emails To"

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.