Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Local Sales Tax Mod (with admin!) for testing

Thanks for the feedback Anne. I didn't want to add it to the downloads until it had been tested by others and I had gotten enough feedback.

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

LadyHLG,
    First off MANY THANKS !!
    I have just install your module on my test server and it is working just great. Of course in Texas we have the world crazyist tax system. But I can see light at the end of the tunnel with your module. I still have much work to relate tax rates of the various tax zones.

Hope to be up fully running with this by the end of the week.

Thanks
    Larry

Plugin Contributions

Good Luck Larry!
    Let me know if you run into any snags!

With 83 downloads and only a few comments I'm hoping that means the mod is working without problems and I can add it to the downloads soon.

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

This is exactly the add-on I needed! How do I make sure that tax is charged on shipping? I have to cope with two states, one taxes shipping and one doesn't.

Thanks
    Rick

Plugin Contributions

At the moment its an all or nothing kind of thing. I will look at making it an option for each specific tax on a later release. In the mean time, I think its something I can work into the code keeping in mind it will only effect the tax that is applied by this mod not any taxes applied by zencart (ie built in zone taxes), that will be a bit more complicated.
    I will take a crack at it after the holiday.

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

Rick and anyone else interest:
    Attached is a new version of the mod with the option to apply tax to shipping.
    Each local tax has the option to apply to shipping or not everything is maintained through the admin.

There are two versions in the zip, one is a full version and the other is an upgrade version for those that have already installed v1.0.

As always be sure to back up before installing.

A REMINDER- Local tax on shipping works independent of the default ZenCart settings!

LadyHLG

p.s. - If I don't hear of problems with the mod I will be posting this and the origional version to the downloads at the end of next week. So if you run into any issues please let me know ASAP. - Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

I had been working on something similar, but I haven't had time to do much with it lately. I like your module much better anyway. I have a test page that I was using to develop the latest methods before rolling them into a real module; I can PM the URL and source code if you want to see how it works.

For what it's worth, mine used ZIP+4, with the +4 stored in ranges (which is how Oklahoma provides the data). It might be possible to implement something like that using your module and wildcard characters. I'll have to do some testing on that. I suspect it'd be a lot of work to develop and maintain that list, so maybe it'd be better to go without the +4...

Minor feature suggestion: It would be good to update the tax table by uploading a comma delimited file or something similar. We can do that using mysql command line or phpmyadmin, but it's not as convenient. In my case there are 3,251 rows just with 5 digit zip codes.

Another useful thing would be tracking some kind of jurisdiction code. I don't know about other states, but Oklahoma requires filing tax reports with place code numbers so they know where the tax money goes. It would be nice to be able to store records of that for monthly reporting. (I had been experimenting with that too.)

Thanks for making this module!

Plugin Contributions

For more info about the sales tax situation in OK and TX see my posts in this thread:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42549

Okay, I was feeling a little grouchy. But taxes always do that to me.

Plugin Contributions

The Mod is now available in the downloads, I will be posting any updates there as well.

Plugin Contributions

bouncey,
    Thanks for all the suggestions for the mod, I know that with all the complicated tax situations out there this mod is pretty bare bones, but I hope at least its a starting point.

I'm afraid that to take it much further is going to require the assistance of someone with stronger php skills than mine.

In truth, the mod started out as a learning experience to see if I could actually do it. It's completion is in no small part due to the excellent efforts of all the previous local county sales tax mods and the core code of the cart itself. Even as a relative newbie to php I was able to easily follow existing cart code to construct the admin interface. Zen Cart is a truly amazing cart system, inside and out!

LadyHLG

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast