Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Local Sales Tax Mod (with admin!) for testing

The table does not appear to be there. If any Mac users happen to read this and can help me out, I would be most appreciative.

Many thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mring
    The table does not appear to be there. If any Mac users happen to read this and can help me out, I would be most appreciative.
    I do all my web-type programming from a Mac. But I use phpMyAdmin for database administration. I didn't know there was something like that in zen cart.

I'll have to try it...

Plugin Contributions

mring,
    Instead of uploading the sql file using the browse and upload buttons in Zen Cart, you could try opening the sql file, copying the sql query, and pasting it directly into the sql query box in the Install SQL Patches Tool.

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

I wonder if it could be a line ending problem. Last I checked, Macs use CR (unless it's from a pure unix-type program), windows PCs use CRLF, and unix uses LF. Not sure about database input, but I know from recent experience that alien line endings can badly derail a perl script. Maybe copying and pasting would get around that.

mring, what kind of web hosting server are you using? Linux, Mac, Windows?

Really it's probably a very different problem than that. But I'm curious anyway.

I still haven't tried sql thru zen cart...

Plugin Contributions

Have set up a local server on my mac to try to learn the cart. I think when I go live, I'll use a fresh version of zen cart and try to reinstall the tax mod then. Hopefully, I'll have more luck. In the meantime, feeling overwhelmed just learning the ins and outs of the cart itself.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, Great module. It works great. I am in Los Angeles and I have been using the module for a over a month and it is great.

My question is where is the tax amount for the local tax stored? The reason I am asking is because I want to be able to export the tax data out for sales tax reporting and I can't seem to find it. I looked in the order table and I can see the order_tax but it seems to be just the state (base) tax and the local tax is not included. When I go through the admin interface to customers then to orders I can see the local tax in the order details but I am not sure which database table it is taking it from.

I sure I will find it eventually but if you could help out it would save me some time. Thanks!
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Plugin Contributions

I'm afraid the actual tax amount from each sale is not stored anywhere at this time, it is a completely calculate number generated on the fly when the order is created or pulled up. I know this is a pain, as a reporting system of some type is needed, but as this is my first module that went beyond what I could tackle.
    Its something I have been trying to plan out, but have not had the time to complete as yet.

I wish I had a better answer for you but, for now at least, there just isn't anything.

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHLG View Post
    I'm afraid the actual tax amount from each sale is not stored anywhere at this time, it is a completely calculate number generated on the fly when the order is created or pulled up. I know this is a pain, as a reporting system of some type is needed, but as this is my first module that went beyond what I could tackle.
    Its something I have been trying to plan out, but have not had the time to complete as yet.

I wish I had a better answer for you but, for now at least, there just isn't anything.

LadyHLG
    Thank you for your reply, at least now I know that I am not going mad. Do you think you will be able to add it to the orders table and store it like the order_tax in the not too distant future? This would be fantastic.

thanks again for a great Mod!!!
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Plugin Contributions

I'm afraid its not as simple as putting it into a single field. The mod is specifically designed to allow for multiple taxes, so I am not sure if a single local tax total is sufficient for reporting purposes where more than one local tax is applied (ie - a city tax and a district tax).

However, I did some looking around and it looks like the local tax totals are stored in the orders_total table! Have a look there and see if you can get what you need.

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHLG View Post
    I'm afraid its not as simple as putting it into a single field. The mod is specifically designed to allow for multiple taxes, so I am not sure if a single local tax total is sufficient for reporting purposes where more than one local tax is applied (ie - a city tax and a district tax).

However, I did some looking around and it looks like the local tax totals are stored in the orders_total table! Have a look there and see if you can get what you need.

LadyHLG
    The order_total table is a messy one huh!

Anyway let me know if you a solution of bringing it through to the orders table as it would make it so much easier to export the orders if I can get it from one table.

If not possible just let me know. Thanks again for your replies.
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast