Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Category Drop Down SELECT Menu Sidebox Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by MeltDown View Post
    Really what I was hoping to accomplish was to add a flyout menu of other links to my sidebox, not the categories. Is it possible to use this mod in that fashion?

Specifically I'd like to move my "Testimonials" link, my "Link Manager" link and the contents of my "More Information" sidebox into a sidebox flyout.
    You want a flyout menu, or a drop down menu? For a drop down menu for those links, you may just have to create that manually by making a new sidebox with the drop down menu hard coded.

Hi Jettrue

is there a way i can just have the menu show the main categories and not the sub cartegories too?
    many thanks
    Chas
    my zen-cart site www.inkandcables.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by biggy View Post
    Hi Jettrue

is there a way i can just have the menu show the main categories and not the sub cartegories too?
    many thanks
    Chas
    I don't know how to do that off hand, but maybe if you post a question about this seperately int he forum, perhaps Ajeh or someone more skilled can help you. The drop down uses the zen_get_categories function which is found in includes/functions/functions_categories.php, perhaps a new function can be created that gets only main categories.

Plugin Contributions

How do I change the width of the select box?

Because some of my categories have many letters, in mozilla the select box is wider than the info box itself.

In internet explorer, the category select box resizes itself to accomodate the select box but then is wider than the other info boxes.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/STAFF/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

Otherwise this is a great contibution. I was using a previous mod which required us to alter the header file but this drop in ensures that it's easy to integrate into another site or if I ever have to rebuild the site from scratch.

I had the same problem only way i could solve it was to tweak my catagories text to make them smaller longest one i have now is about 22 characters
    my zen-cart site www.inkandcables.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chrisamydang View Post
    How do I change the width of the select box?

Because some of my categories have many letters, in mozilla the select box is wider than the info box itself.

In internet explorer, the category select box resizes itself to accomodate the select box but then is wider than the other info boxes.

Otherwise this is a great contibution. I was using a previous mod which required us to alter the header file but this drop in ensures that it's easy to integrate into another site or if I ever have to rebuild the site from scratch.

It's because of the length of your category names. However, you can constrict the width via css. Add something like this to your stylesheet:

#categoriesselect select {width:150px;}

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
    It's because of the length of your category names. However, you can constrict the width via css. Add something like this to your stylesheet:

#categoriesselect select {width:150px;}

That did it perfectly. Maybe this should be in the mod or a note that lengthy category names can affect your layout?

Great contribution!

Plugin Contributions

Hello, I think your contributio nof the Category Drop down is amazing. I am new at this but I would like to use this under my header (Online Art Gallery for all of the information, not the categories menu as I have the amazing rollover effect for this)? How would I go about doing this. I downloaded this and put the files where they belong and turned on the categories admin button. Do you have any suggestions, my site is www.cagedtalent.com/store

Thank you for your help and time

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jben View Post
    Hello, I think your contributio nof the Category Drop down is amazing. I am new at this but I would like to use this under my header (Online Art Gallery for all of the information, not the categories menu as I have the amazing rollover effect for this)? How would I go about doing this. I downloaded this and put the files where they belong and turned on the categories admin button. Do you have any suggestions, my site is www.cagedtalent.com/store

Thank you for your help and time
    Did you download the contrib? In the readme.txt, there are instructions (#5) on adding this to your header.

Plugin Contributions

Hello, when I did this, it was red and it looked like this in two columns over my categories and this was over the pictures so they would not enlarge.Do you have any suggestions. Thank you for your time and help.
    cagedtalent.com/store
    1.1 2.1
    1.2 2.2
    1.3 2.3
    1.4 2.4
    1.5 2.5

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast