Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal module and customers with no PayPal account?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    and this is a business paypal account ( just asking the obvious, sometimes the answer is trying to bite us )
    Yes. This is a verified business paypal account.

If I use the "paypal free shopping cart" (really just HTML buttons to paste in HTML) and test those then I do go to a page with a choice for people to pay by credit card.

doug

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    1. As Merlin mentioned, what kind of PayPal account are you using in your Zen Cart admin?

2. Please install the latest patch, as it's required in order to operate properly.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216
    I have downloaded the latest patch .zip file from that thread. I'm not sure what to do with it though. Is there a place I upload it to in the zen cart directory hierarchy and then run an installer or something? Or do I need to expand the .zip archive and manually place the files in the correct locations?

Thanks,

doug

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by douglerner View Post
    do I need to expand the .zip archive and manually place the files in the correct locations?
    yes - you'll need your FTP program to upload the updated files, overwriting existing ones in each location.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

yes - you'll need your FTP program to upload the updated files, overwriting existing ones in each location.
    Hmmm... Doing that things have taken a turn for the worse.

1. Instead of the PayPal checkout button there is now a text link that says "MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_TEXT_BUTTON_ALTTEXT" and clicking on the link goes to a page that says

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class paypalwpp in /home/doug/public_html/taonoyume/includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php on line 22

Sensei. Tasukete...

doug

Plugin Contributions

Also, the PayPal modules are no longer appearing in the admin/modules panel and there is this error instead:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class paypal in /home/doug/public_html/taonoyume/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 23

doug

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Did you put the files into the correct folders ?

Note that there are files of the same name in multiple different folders. It's important to put the correct files in the correct places.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Note that there are files of the same name in multiple different folders. It's important to put the correct files in the correct places.

Well... I *thought* I was following the hierarchy correctly. But I guess I could have put things in the wrong folder.

I guess it is too late to start all over. I didn't backup the hierarchy first, which I should have done.

I will try to replace the files again, but if I placed them in the wrong folders to begin with I might have wiped something important out, right?

doug

Plugin Contributions

I re-uploaded and it...appears to be working!

Doumo arigatou gozaimasu, Sensei. Hijouni kansha shite imasu!

One question - I guess there is no way of customizing that PayPal page to make it clearer to customers that they can pay by credit card directly, is there?

Right now the:

Don't have a PayPal account?
    No problem, var myText = 'continue checkout'; var myid = 'myAllTextSubmitID'; var myname = 'new_user_button.x';document.write('');document.write(myText);document.write('');continue checkout.

is sort of hard to notice on the page.

doug

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sorry, PayPal controls that content exclusively. Naturally, they want people to pay via PayPal funds more than by credit card.

Plugin Contributions

Even though the PayPal module seems to be working (though I haven't actually attempted to process an order yet) when I go to the admin > modules > payments page to check the settings the PayPal module doesn't show up and, instead, there is this error at the top of the table:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class paypal in /home/doug/public_html/taonoyume/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 23

What is that all about?

Thanks,

doug

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast