Plugin Contributions

Default Installing zencart works but template not loading

I have been able to install zencart really easily with the very helpful installer, but now that it is installed it doesn't look good, there is no CSS being loaded and its just very basic text without any formatting. Do i need to install somethign else, or did it not install correctly.

PS i remember that i tried to install zencart a few months ago and the same happened.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installing zencart works but template not loading

Quote Originally Posted by chris_huh View Post
    I have been able to install zencart really easily with the very helpful installer, but now that it is installed it doesn't look good, there is no CSS being loaded and its just very basic text without any formatting. Do i need to install somethign else, or did it not install correctly.

PS i remember that i tried to install zencart a few months ago and the same happened.
    Chris,

This happens to all of us who use windows servers. First, you need to remove (or rename) the htaccess files. My guess is you have already done that, otherwise you would be seeing the none access screens.

The most important thing (in my opinion) is that you install it according to the latest install, allowing you to provide yourself your own template. If you have done that, then all that is said below should work for you.

Next, very carefully review your configure.php file for your configuration settings. Make sure your "catalog" is in the same root folder as your server. this includes your 'include' and 'admin' folder for sure. In my situation, I have my 'catalog' or store in its own folder, so it therefore has its own 'root' scheme, if you will.

Most make the store their root - that means the includes folder, and other important files are all at the root of your URL or HTTP_SERVER and HTTPS_SERVER.

If all those things are true - then check the head area of your 'home page' for the store. The easy way to do that is to go to the root in your browser, and 'view' the 'source.'

Determine from the head area if the following match your 'catalog' or 'store.'

<base ref=http://www.your_url.com"> and then check the <link ref> statement regarding the stylesheet or style sheets links- for example; <link rel="stylesheet" type ="text/css" href="includes/templates/Your_template/css/stylesheet.css">

Your style sheets are located in the CSS folder...

Hope the information is helpful.

Respectfully,

John Underwood, jund

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, i just needed to delete the .htaccess file in the includes folder.

Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Great! Way too go Chris! You are on your way... have a great ride.

The folks here at ZEN CART are the best - and what I appreciate the most is that no matter the size of the problem, someone always steps up with POSITIVE support.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. You done good.

Respectfully,
    John Underwood, jund