Plugin Contributions

Default Linkpoint best option? Can it be used on multiple sites?

Hello,

Currently, one of my clients is only accepting Paypal payments but is looking for an alternate form of payment.

With Paypal, there is no way of controlling the language Paypal shows for customers without a Paypal account so some people are having trouble checking out. The store sales spanish material and the customer base is still small so we definitely need to find the most affordable solution.

I've been doing some research and after reading many topics here about the different payment gateways, I've concluded that Linkpoint is the most affordable and compatible option. If I understood correctly, it comes to about $25 a month + .25cents per transaction. I was also starting to look into Paypal 2.0 but I got so confused with all the different Paypal options and the various issues so I gave up on that. Any help in clearing this up would be greatly appreciated.

My main question, if my client signs up with Linkpoint, can he use that account on multiple websites? If he can, what are the pros and cons of doing this?

Many thanks :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Linkpoint best option? Can it be used on multiple sites?

Does anyone know if you can use 1 merchant account for multiple websites?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Do confuse "merchant account" with "payment gateway"

Merchant account is a bank account with accepting CC enabled

A gateway is the CC processor.

You can have multiple sources deposit to a single merchant account and the only caveat is if they are from different businesses - the tax accounting implications. As they like to see an account for company "A" and one for company "B".

If the same merchant account, you can have differing sites use the same processor
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by polarduality View Post
    With Paypal, there is no way of controlling the language Paypal shows for customers without a Paypal account so some people are having trouble checking out. The store sales spanish material and the customer base is still small so we definitely need to find the most affordable solution.
    If the customer chooses Spanish language within the Zen Cart store, then the PayPal page should also appear in Spanish during checkout.

My main question, if my client signs up with Linkpoint, can he use that account on multiple websites?
    I haven't read the Terms of Service on that aspect. A phone call to them should get the answer to whether "they" permit it or not.
    As to Zen Cart working with it from multiple sites, yes, the module will function.
    You will have fun sorting out which transactions came from which site, but your money will still be collected.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If the customer chooses Spanish language within the Zen Cart store, then the PayPal page should also appear in Spanish during checkout.
    I tested it and the paypal page always displays in English for me.
    I'll try deleting all my cookies next and try again.

Regarding the payment gateway, it sounds like it might be best to manage payments for each store separately for organization and tax purposes.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Was your spanish language "code" set to "es" when you created it in Zen Cart admin ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I believe so. It's been set to es from the beginning.

Plugin Contributions

hmmm.

Anyone know the actual price Linkpoint is supposed to be via the Zen Cart partners page? I thought it was only about $25 a month but my client is telling me that his total is coming to $45 instead.

Plugin Contributions

sorry, he applied for a Cardservice International merchant account.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!