Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Keeping GiftCerts out of New Products.

Larry,

I really appreciate your time on this issue!
    I made the modification to the query but it didn't seem to remove the category from the page listing...
    Since I'm using the "OverRides", I tried editing the original, /includes/modules/sideboxes/what_new.php, but this didn't remove the gift certs from the query either...
    I reviewed the query mod in the /includes/modules/new_products.php and saw they are pretty much the same mod but couldn't figure what I did wrong...

Any direction appreciated,
    Jim

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SodaJim View Post
    Since I'm using the "OverRides", I tried editing the original, /includes/modules/sideboxes/what_new.php, but this didn't remove the gift certs from the query either...
    This is the answer!
    Once you make a change to the orginal place that copy in your override directory.
    Ex: includes/modules/sideboxes/yourtemplate/what_new.php
    Look in your override to see if you have what_new.php if so, when you changed the orginal you will notice no effect.
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Keeping GiftCerts out of New Products.

Mark,

Thanks for the reply!

When I stated that I edited the original, I wasn't clear enough in that I had placed the edited version of "what_new.php" in the custom/override dir but didn't see the query function correctly... I then removed the file from the custom/override dir and edited the original thinking this would work, but it didn't...
    I know the custom/override dir is functioning because I have other files that have been modified and are functioning correctly.
    Hope this clears up the issue I'm having...
    I'll give it another go since I'm feeling fresh!

Thanks again,
    Jim

Plugin Contributions

I figured out what else needed editing; however, I'm attempting to utilize the Over-Rides System on this but cannot seems to figure the dir structure...

The file is /includes/modules/pages/products_new/header_php.php
    How would I use the Over-Rides to incorporate the file changes with the dir listed above...?

I tried several variations of the Over Rides dir structure but ZC keeps using the main .../products_new/header_php.php file...
    I've edited this file to include the query mod and it does exclude the Gift Certs but once I attempt this using Over Rides, the query doesn't filter out the Gift Certs...

I'm not seeing the obvious...

Any direction appreciated,
    Jim
    Last edited by SodaJim; 5 May 2007 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Plugin Contributions

The file is /includes/modules/pages/products_new/header_php.php
    How would I use the Over-Rides to incorporate the file changes with the dir listed above...?
    Sorry- the /pages/ directory is NOT overridable at this time. If you have to modify a header_php file, be sure to keep a copy of your modified file somewhere as a backup so you can replace it/merge your changes with future upgrades.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Kim,

Thanks for the reply!

That explains the problems I was having attempting to get the overrides working!

Thanks again,
    Jm

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Keeping GiftCerts out of New Products.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Sorry- the /pages/ directory is NOT overridable at this time. If you have to modify a header_php file, be sure to keep a copy of your modified file somewhere as a backup so you can replace it/merge your changes with future upgrades.
    Hello Kim,

Is there documentation regarding which directories are not overridable within the Catalog side of ZC...?
    Can I assume the book's reference to Overriding is possible in the current dir as long as the "classic" override dir exists in the same dir...
    This sounds confusing but if "classic" is not present, then the Overrides feature doesn't apply for the files residing there...

Thanks again for your time,
    Jim

Plugin Contributions

Help!

I have document-general types on my site which I do not wish to be displayed in the new products listing (linked from the categories sidebox).

I tried Gryphon's mod to new_products.php adding the master category id of my documents but it's not working - they still show on the new products listing. Am I missing something?

Zen Cart v1.3.7

Thanks,

Jonathan

Plugin Contributions

Jonathan,

Make sure you also edit "../includes/modules/sideboxes/what_new.php" with the code previously listed, change the Category ID to reflect your documents category ID and that should do it...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicWorkshop View Post
    Help!

I have document-general types on my site which I do not wish to be displayed in the new products listing (linked from the categories sidebox).

I tried Gryphon's mod to new_products.php adding the master category id of my documents but it's not working - they still show on the new products listing. Am I missing something?

Zen Cart v1.3.7

Thanks,

Jonathan
    Do you have a link to look at as an example?
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast