Plugin Contributions

help question <strong>Looking Deeper Than The Top 1000</strong>

Hello All, Happy Easter!

Well just doing a little keyword searching today. Using any keyword rank checker I get nothing. They all only go to 1000. Is there any way to look deeper than this? Some tool out there somewhere?
    If I dont get into the top 1000 with a certain keyword how can it ever generate any traffic to climb higher?
    Thank You,
    John

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: <strong>Looking Deeper Than The Top 1000</strong>

Creating keywords and phrases is a very tedious task. A lot of research is needed.

How old is your site/s? It could still be in the sandbox.

Getting quality links to your pages is very key to getting ranks in the serps.

Getting links and SEO is a never ending task.

Does your site have any PR?

Plugin Contributions

Wow. That titles really something huh? lol
    How do you get a bold titile then?

Anyways. Sites been around for about 2 months and I do have some links. I have a links page. Page rank = 0 Whats that all about anyhow?
    Why is my Alexa rank getting a higher number ( getting worse ) every few days? All I do is improve. Everyday I go do some searching with google rank checker find where I rank with whatever keywords . Then I go to google , search with those words, go find my site in the results click on it. Little later Change my IP do it all again. Cant hurt. Why doesnt it seem to help?

I have gotta be doing something wrong. Is there any way to keep the store from using all of your category titles as keywords?

Also trying to work with LinksHighway.net they want their own code in the php links page. I did this in EZpages and got problems.
    Where in my shop dir can I find the ezpages that I have created?

Google bot visits my site just about everyday. In a single week Ill count about 1000 clicks from googlebot in my user tracking.
    is this good?
    Last edited by bumba000; 9 Apr 2007 at 12:02 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Alexa is meaningless for rankings in G & Y. You will get about 93% of your SE traffic from these two and about 7% from all the rest of the SEs combined.

Is there any way to keep the store from using all of your category titles as keywords?
    Each product can have its own description, keywords, and title. Click the black and white circle at the right of each page where you create products to make custom tags.

Google puts very little importance on the description and keywords except to compare if they match the content of the page.

The title is important. Use it to put emphasis on the key phrase or words you are using for the page.

I would say you are still in the sandbox at Google. Keep putting fresh content and G & Y will visit often.

Don't use any auto-submitters. They are spam to the SEs. They like to find good incoming anchor text links and relevant text on the page. Put alt text for your images and title tags for all your links.

SEO is too complex to explain in a brief post.

There are many SEO forums you can join to learn the tricks of getting SE traffic.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, That is pretty much what ive been doing. All of my categories have good titles, so do the sub cats. My products also all have Great titles.

What I would like to know is where you see keywords in the source of the page its all combined. My categories titles are listed then theres all the stuff that I put into my meta-tags.php . How can I stop zen from using the cat titles for keywords. I only want the keywords I choose.

Zen seems to be using my product item title as the alt text for my item images.
    Now thats cool!

Also I do a good bit of reading on seo. Have done way more than I thought was needed and still . . . Guess Im still in a sandbox. Any chance of getting out quicker if I bought my domain for a year or 5 year term? Does google rank you better for having ssl?

Thanks For The Info.
    Last edited by bumba000; 9 Apr 2007 at 01:00 AM.

Plugin Contributions

How to know if your "SandBoxed" and a Great article on SEO !
    http://www.viz.co.nz/google-sandbox-3.htm

All in All this is pretty much what Ive been doing since I first uploaded and installed ZenCart. Hmmm maybe it really wont be much longer.

Any other advice WELCOME .