Plugin Contributions

Default Merchant Account Question/Advice

Hey all -

I just figured out that 2checkout will no longer work with this current version of Zen cart and that is who my merchant has been the past couple of years. I saw that authorize.net and paypal modules are in zen cart.

I am looking for advice on what merchant accounts folks on here are using. For authorize.net, who sells that? If anyone is willing to share what merchant account company they use I would appreciate it as I need to sign up with a different one

Thank you,
    Mary Ellen

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Merchant Account Question/Advice

Anyone? Please?

I really need someting that integrates very easily with Zen Cart. Google checkout doesnt integrate very well as if someone checks out through that they dont have to create an account through zen cart and it doesnt affect order history or inventory from zen admin. 2checkout doesnt work anymore.

If anyone can tell me what DOES work well I would appreciate it.

Plugin Contributions

No one? =(

Plugin Contributions

Most folks guard that information as if it was a big secret, but the team has confidence in both the AuthorizeNet module and the LinkPoint module otherwise they would not be in the core.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Great thanks Kim! So as long as I pick a merchant that uses Authorize.net for example, it should work fine with zen cart right?

Plugin Contributions

That is correct, as long as your server is also set up correctly. You need to have cURL compiled with php and SSL.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

i used formpay.com as my merchant account and have been happy with them so far, they use authorize.net. i switched from e-onlinedata to formpay 2 months ago because there rates are cheaper. e-online and formpay i would recomend both.

Plugin Contributions

I am looking for a better credit card payment acceptance, I use ProPay for offline card processing but they are slow to pay out and have a limit of $500 per transaction, plus a daily limit and monthly limit. I have looked at http://www.merchantlane.com they have about a $25 monthly fee. I understand PayPal has a merchant system, but PayPal is not merchant friendly.
    What can I expect to pay monthly, who has the shortest contract time and waht is the advantage over real time processing vs. offline processing?

Plugin Contributions

Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

I did some extensive research on this a couple of days ago and after comparing rates for different merchants, we went with Merchant Lane (a Zen Cart partner, Cardservice International). We opted to go with them because of their short contract term and low monthly minimum.