Plugin Contributions

help question User Login Requirement

I know that this has been discussed time and again. PLEASE, don't just tell me that user login is a good thing -- that doesn't really help the question.

I understand fully the advantages to account registration in an online store, but I'm not exactly using ZenCart for it's designed purpose. I am, for the moment, going to be using it to allow members of a church youth program to register for events and control the number of registrants (which is why I'm using this instead of just form generator). As time goes on, I expect to expand the setup to take payments for events and stuff through ZenCart (and probably add the account feature then, but not sure), but, for now, that is not in the cards.

My goal (for the moment) can be accomplished by 2 things in ZenCart, but I'm not good enough at PHP to do them:
    1 - Don't check for duplicate emails when creating an account; just create duplicate accounts
    2 - randomly populate the password field (and hide the field). The concern of storing the data is a non issue since it's clear from the use of this site that storing the data is the sole reason for its existence. There will be no need to track or follow-up on "orders" by the "customer" so they never need to find out their password (most of those links, I'm just going to remove, so the page just never gets hit).
    3 - Supress the "Thank you for creating an account" email

If someone can help me out with achieving these three items, I would greatly appreciate it (or if somone happens to have a module for 1.3.6 to do these, that'll do, too. :) )

Thanks
    Last edited by DrKlahn; 26 Nov 2006 at 12:18 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: User Login Requirement

Quote Originally Posted by DrKlahn View Post
    3 - Supress the "Thank you for creating an account" email
    I can't help you with the other issues (I've been wondering myself), but for the welcome email, you disable it here:

/includes/modules/create_account.php

And comment out the 2 lines that start with:
    zen_mail

and save in your override folder.

Plugin Contributions

I know that this has been discussed time and again. PLEASE, don't just tell me that user login is a good thing -- that doesn't really help the question.
    I will not attempt to tell that it is a good thing...

It is part of Zen Cart and removing it is not an easy issue and there is not a module to do so.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I made these 3 changes to my Zen Cart last night. Took about 5 minutes. Before I go into the details though, is there anything else that needs to be done?

(I know this post is monthly old, but I came across it looking for the same thing)