Thread: Time Adjustment

Plugin Contributions

Default Time Adjustment

After looking through the info on this site, I was able to find information on adjusting the time in relation to orders. However, in admin panel, the time is 2hrs different (time here 9:56, time in admin panel 7:56). How do I adjust this time to reflect my time?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Time Adjustment

This most likly due that your server is in another time zone or is running GMT time. Use the time zone offset module in the download section to change any displayed time and make them show your time instead.

Plugin Contributions

I have ran the patch and the offset option is available. However, it did not change the time shown at the top of the admin panel.

INSTALLATION
    Step 1. If you use a database table prefix other than zen_ you need to edit the included database_mod.sql file so that the zen_configuration table name accurately reflects the name in your database.

Step 2. From Admin > Tools > Install SQL Patches, run the sql query contained in the file database_mod.sql from this package. You can also run the query from phpMyAdmin, but be sure to add the database table prefix first if you use one.

Step 3. Make sure that you have backup copies of your original files.

Step 4. Upload the modified files to your server.

Step 5. From your store admin panel, select Configuration>My Store. The new Time Zone Offset field should now be on that page: set the offset you require.
    Zen is not installed on my local machine. I have copies of all original files. Any changes that I make, I have to make on the server. Should I upload the files included in extracted zip file to my server first then run the patch?

Here's what I did...I extracted the zip file to a file on my machine, uploaded that file to server admin - backups. I then opened the patch file on my local machine and copied the database_mod contents. I opened the zen cart admin SQL patch control and pasted the file and sent it. The Offset option was then available in 'My Store' settings.

That's all I have done so far. Do I need to move the files contained in the admin - backup file on my server to the proper file locations?

Plugin Contributions

I guess you missed telling Zen-Cart what actual time offset to display. Without changes it display as usual the given time, if I remember correctly.

You would have change the time zone option to reflect the actual change of 2hours...