Plugin Contributions

Default Transferred to new server, how do I skip the "zc_install" phase?

I transferred the store to a new server.

When I go to the store on the new server, it keeps trying to connect to /zc_install, which breaks since I deleted that folder after originally installing it on the first server.

I've updated the configure.php files with the new server's database info and paths.

How do I get it to skip this step?

Thanks,
    Rich

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Transferred to new server, how do I skip the "zc_install" phase?

Nevermind, I just uploaded a new zc_install folder (from the same zencart version) and went through the process again from there.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update and glad you worked out a solution for replacing the directory that you deleted ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I just ran into this same problem.. My host installed us on a new server.. didn't bother to notify us.. any way, if I go through the install.. won't I have to update everything again? All my ez pages, the templates, the shipping and return page, all the contributions will have to redone, etc, etc.. ?

Or will I be able to select something to keep everything the way it was?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Figster View Post
    I just ran into this same problem.. My host installed us on a new server.. didn't bother to notify us.. any way, if I go through the install.. won't I have to update everything again? All my ez pages, the templates, the shipping and return page, all the contributions will have to redone, etc, etc.. ?

Or will I be able to select something to keep everything the way it was?

Thanks
    Nope, I didn't have any problem with that. Just set everything to the correct values in the Install program, then when it asks if you want to update the database, say no. Worked fine for me, and aside from the annoyance of having to track down the install folder and upload it again, it was a cinch.

It doesn't change any of your php files (except configure.php), and it only makes changes to your database if you give it the OK to.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, actually.. once my host shared the new server info, I was able to change th config files and up load the install, but it didn't go through it, the pages came right up.