Plugin Contributions

help question Upgrading from v1.2.6D to v1.3.7D - which modules will still work??

Hi Zenners,

I really want to upgrade from v1.2.6D to v1.3.7 to take advantage of many newer models, however I have been stuck for months, I followed the tutorials but I am just stuck. I tried to take a copy of my database with godaddy and could not figure out how to make another copy site, I am too scared to try and update my live site incase it stuffs it

can someone offer some advice, if you could at least let me know which of these modules that I currently run with v1.2.6D, which of these will work with v1.3.7 and if not what do I do?

List of add-ons installed:
    ausbank_1
    backup_mysql_plugin_1.2.10
    cc_accept_v1
    customers_currency
    ep_v1.2.5.4
    super_orders_v1.3
    testimonials_manager_1.2
    v2.1a_Ty_Package_Tracker

FYI these two modules DID NOT WORK with v1.2.6D so I am hopeful they will work with v.1.3.7

DIDN't WORK
    quick_updates_1.1
    encrypted_master_password_v1

greetz!

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Upgrading from v1.2.6D to v1.3.7D - which modules will still work??

Hi Guys,

Can anyone pls offer some advice, which of these modules will work fine when if I upgrade from v1.2.6D to v1.3.7, if some will not work is there an upgraded one?

List of add-ons installed:
    ausbank_1
    backup_mysql_plugin_1.2.10
    cc_accept_v1
    customers_currency
    ep_v1.2.5.4
    super_orders_v1.3
    testimonials_manager_1.2
    v2.1a_Ty_Package_Tracker

These are my thoughts so far:

ausbank_1 - this is just a basic module that displays Bank Account information at checkout, should be fine?
    backup_mysql_plugin_1.2.10 - allows me to backup MySQL database, do I still use this or do I need to buy another?
    cc_accept_v1 - this is just a sidebox that I use to show the PayPal and VISA / Mastercard logos, I presume given v1.3.7 uses a different XHTML template to v1.3.6D that I would need to do a new sidebox? Any advice how I do this or is there a module?
    customers_currency - this is smack's currency contribution that automatically chooses currency based on the IP address of the visitor (e.g. US IP address goes to USD, AUST IP address goes to AUD etc), will this work with v1.2.7D?
    ep_v1.2.5.4 - Easy Populate
    super_orders_v1.3 - allows me to edit orders?
    testimonials_manager_1.2 - I have been told this may not work with v1.3.7 and I may need a new one, is there an upgrade of this? The sidebox with the testimonials will probably not work with v1.3.7 right?
    v2.1a_Ty_Package_Tracker - I use this to enter FedEx and UPS tracking numbers, is there a new one and I do NOT want to lose all my stored tracking numbers!

Most important I do not want to lose the testimonials and tracking numbers stored in these last few modules

super_orders_v1.3
    testimonials_manager_1.2
    v2.1a_Ty_Package_Tracker

help would be greatly appreciated

regards,
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading from v1.2.6D to v1.3.7D - which modules will still work??

You're probably not getting a response because nobody else has that particular combination of add-ons and so nobody feels qualified to respond. So here's some general observations.

There weren't many changes to the Admin between 1.2.6 and 1.3.7, so most of your mods should work. The Ausbank one I have seen on a 1.3.7 site, so that should be OK. The problem, as you rightly anticipated, is the side box modules where the structure is different for 1.3.

However, it's very easy to upgrade sideboxes. The 2nd post in this thread gives a generic approach that I have used on 7-8 sideboxes now, including an updated credit card sidebox available in the downloads section. There is also an updated testimonials manager available specifically for 1.3.7 in the downloads section.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)