Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Received Paypal confirmation, but no order...

No, it hasn't shown up in my IPN list yet as pending. The echeck still hasn't cleared. I'm hoping it will clear today or tomorrow. I have no dea how to install a patch...i had a developer create my store. I access everything online and through 'my network places' and don't have any zen-cart software installed on my PC...can i still install the patch and other downloads?

The Foothills of The Great Smokey Mountains.
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cariclaire View Post
    Hi all,
    I've never had this happen yet, but today I received a notification from paypal that one of my customers sent an echeck for an order she made on my site. The email said to wait until the echeck clears before shipping out the item. I logged into Paypal and it was on my History list as a pending payment. Problem is I never received her order. So I have no idea what she ordered! Is the system set up so that when customers pay via Paypal echeck the order isn't placed until the cheque clears? If so, how do i change that bc I sell used baby clothes and I only have 1 of every item so I don't want someone else to scoop in and buy what she's already ordered...
    Any help is appreciated...
    I have encountered this same problem. Today I installed the latest patch as Dr. Byte recommended to prevent it happening again in the future.

NOW, how do I deal with the current situation of not knowing what was ordered and not knowing what emails the customer has received. Is there someway I can view the order or was it lost for good? Is there somewhere I can see emails that were sent (if any were sent)?

Your help is appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can use the PayPal Session Viewer tool which can be downloaded from the "download" link at the top of this page. Go to the Admin Tools category.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TDman View Post
    I have encountered this same problem. Today I installed the latest patch as Dr. Byte recommended to prevent it happening again in the future.

NOW, how do I deal with the current situation of not knowing what was ordered and not knowing what emails the customer has received. Is there someway I can view the order or was it lost for good? Is there somewhere I can see emails that were sent (if any were sent)?

Your help is appreciated!
    Me too... Just received an email notification from PayPal, but no orders.
    I have already applied the latest patch. Last week, ordering with PayPal IPN was still working.

Got to go to check it now...
    Last edited by kennyoz; 26 Apr 2007 at 03:24 PM. Reason: remove duplicates.
    Cheers,
    KennyOz
    Cheap Lego in Australia

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kennyoz View Post
    Me too... Just received an email notification from PayPal, but no orders.
    I have already applied the latest patch. Last week, ordering with PayPal IPN was still working.

Got to go to check it now...
    Did the order not show up, even with the patch installed?

There are two ways you can handle your current situation.

1. The easy way (I wish someone had told me this) is to wait a few days until the eCheck clears PayPal. When the eCheck clears PayPal the order, (along with the PayPal transaction details) will show up in your Zen Cart like the order was placed on the day the eCheck clears. Only problelm with this is the customer will not get emails about the status of his order automatically. You will need to send a manual email to advise him of what is going on with his order.

2. The hard way. I did this but don't advise it.
    a.) Download and install the Master Password mod.
    b.) Use phpMyAdmin to look at the database and determine what was ordered.
    c.) Log into the customers account via the store frontend, using the master password, and order the items again for the customer.
    d.) Send emails to the customer about his order.
    e.) When the echeck clears you will have duplicate order and you will need to delete one.

All of this is a big waste of time and effort. If this happens again with the patch installed I will stop accepting eChecks. It's not worth the trouble.

If anyone else has been through this ordeal I would like to hear your comments.
    Zen Cart Version: 1.3.7
    Tennessee Genealogy Books .com

Plugin Contributions

There is a third option that DrByte pointed out - using the PayPal sessions viewer. Its a bit confusing at first but once you get a hang of its its easy. You find the order that is stuck (thats the hard part).. and you click "Move to Orders" and voila.. theres the order. Only problem is it will not update itself anymore, so there is a bit of a downfall to it.. but its still worth a shot if you have products that sell very fast.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TDman View Post
    Did the order not show up, even with the patch installed?
    Yes, the latest patch was installed a few weeks ago when the store went online. I had a few PayPal IPN payments in the last 2 weeks since. However yesteday, I cannot see any orders in the admin page, but received a payment notification from PayPal. Luckily I knew what the customer ordered.

This is what I did to solve 'my' issue. I removed the PayPal module from admin and installed it again. Did a test myself using PayPal IPN, payment went through and order showed up in admin.

Not sure if there were some timing issues between Paypal and my site. I have turned on debugging and hopefully, the issue is gone. Will do more testing tonight.
    Cheers,
    KennyOz
    Cheap Lego in Australia

Plugin Contributions

Yes, the latest patch was installed a few weeks ago when the store went online. I had a few PayPal IPN payments in the last 2 weeks since. However yesteday, I cannot see any orders in the admin page, but received a payment notification from PayPal.
    I think you had a different problem for the one that I had. I was able to see all my PayPal IPN orders that came in except for the eCheck order which finally showed up when the eCheck cleared.

I have not received any more orders paid by eCheck so I don't know if the patch will correct my problem or not.
    Zen Cart Version: 1.3.7
    Tennessee Genealogy Books .com

Plugin Contributions

Nothing shows up in admin orders. Emails are sent, but I have no idea what was ordered. Have been through the forums and applied the latest patch. Order does not show up in customers account either. If you use authorize.net does it work better? Do the order details show up, unlike paypal?

Thanks,

Scott

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you haven't checked to be sure that IPN notification communication is open between PayPal's server and your server, you can expect to experience the symptoms you're reporting.

Here is a troubleshooting guide for PayPal issues, which you should follow and then perform some tests:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast