Plugin Contributions

Default Question - What would impact be if only current users could create accounts?

We have a site used by franchise holders and only franchise holders are allowed to set up new accounts for their users. The site requires the user to login before they can do anything.

We set up a new field on the customers table to differentiate between franchise holders and users at login; this gives the franchise holders a create_account link but I am concerned that the create_account process will destroy their session.

What areas of the create_account.php or any other file should be changed to prevent impacts to the current user's session?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question - What would impact be if only current users could create accounts?

In order to accomplish this, you'd need to create a second create account page with a new users table. Then, you'd need to add the new user row ID into the $_SESSION constant variable and make these validations from your override template's new create account page.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question - What would impact be if only current users could create accounts?

Jax, instead of doing it this way, why not provide each franchise holder with a special "create account" password that they would give to their users? You could then add logic to compare this value (and perhaps the name of the franchise holder if you prompted for this too) to the expected values and only permit account creation if they matched.

I would think the franchise holders would not be crazy about the extra paperwork of having to create accounts on behalf of their users, and this approach would solve that problem.

Good luck,
    Scott
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much for your suggestions!