Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Easy Populate: 3 partially deleted product(s) found

Hi,

I uploaded the files for the free version of the Easy Populate. I went to Admin -> Tools -> Easy Populate and typed in www.dealbyethan.com?langer=remove after /easypopulate.php to install Easy Populate. I received the following message.
    Easy Populate Configuration Missing. Please install your configuration by clicking here.
    Warning Easy Populate uploads folder not found!
    NIX SERVERS: Your uploads folder is either missing, or you have altered the name and/or directory of your uploads folder without configuring this in Easy Populate.
    WINDOWS SERVERS: Please request your web host to assign write permissions to the uploads folder. This is usually granted through Windows server user account IUSR_COMPUTERNAME.
    Your configuration indicates that your uploads folder is named EASYPOPULATE_CONFIG_TEMP_DIR/, and is located in /home/dealbyet/public_html/, however this cannot be found.
    Easy Populate cannot upload files until you have provided an uploads folder with read/write/execute permissions for the site owner (usually chmod 700 but you may require chmod 777)

So I went to change the file permission of the temp folder and clicked on the link for installation. Then it said installation successful and that...
    3 partially deleted product(s) found! Delete this dross to prevent unwanted zencart behaviour by clicking here.
    You are seeing this because there are references in tables to a product that no longer exists, which is usually caused by an incomplete product deletion. This can cause Zen Cart to misbehave in certain circumstances.

Is it save to delete them?
    Using zencart v.1.3.9e
    Email: admin AT dealbyethan DOT com

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Easy Populate: 3 partially deleted product(s) found

Hi

I went ahead to delete them. I received the following message:

Deleting of product data debris failed! Please see the debug log in your uploads directory for further information.

What should I do now?
    Using zencart v.1.3.9e

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Easy Populate: 3 partially deleted product(s) found

Hi dealbyethan,

Having exactly the same problem - can someone help us out here pls!

With my current Easy Populate 1.2.5.4 sometimes when I try to upload a file I get "ERROR: The requested URL could not be retrieved" (see screenshot) (the data still seems to be uploaded fine though)

I then get a yellow error message up the top:

1 partially deleted product(s) found! Delete this dross to prevent unwanted zencart behaviour by clicking here.
    You are seeing this because there are references in tables to a product that no longer exists, which is usually caused by an incomplete product deletion. This can cause Zen Cart to misbehave in certain circumstances.

When I click the next page still has the yellow error message:

Deleting of product data debris failed! Please see the debug log in your uploads directory for further information.

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

I am running Zen v1.2.6D about to upgrade to v1.3.7? Would upgrading Zen Cart or even upgrading to Easy Populate Advanced solve the problem?

Here are the error messages:
    http://www.apeshop.com/error_request...e_received.jpg
    http://www.apeshop.com/error_partial...duct_found.jpg
    http://www.apeshop.com/error_deletin...ris_failed.jpg

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Populate: 3 partially deleted product(s) found

Hi apemusic,

I am using zencart v.1.3.7 and EP1.2.5.4. I don't think upgrading your zencart would solve this problem. I know with the advance easy populate, you get to do more things in bulk.

Regards,
    Ethan
    Using zencart v.1.3.9e

Plugin Contributions

If you search threw the EP main thread you should see this is a bug, there is a fix for this.EP main thread

Found it for you .....

sorry for not being available the last few weeks. A little 4.5kg boy is keeping me busy

I'll address any unanswered questions in turn. regarding the dross not being dleted, this is a bug. Ignore the error message for now. You can, if you wish, remove the offending table names the function checks in /admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate.php:

Code:

TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET,
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET_ATTRIBUTES

I am working very hard to release the 1st advanced version in the next 2 weeks, and will at that time apply the bugfixes to the free version for all to enjoy.
    ##############################___
    Nicholas

Plugin Contributions

Well... I too am having this problem. Same exact situation. When I delete, it tells me to

"Deleting of product data debris failed! Please see the debug log in your uploads directory for further information."

What am I supposed to do? Ignore it? Delete the "code" All I know is that the warning says this problem will cause Zen to have other problems.

I sold an item and deleted it from the product line up. Later when I shipped it, I clicked the product shipped...and the error came. When I ship and sell, the inventory is not updated so I delete it when sold to avoid confusion. Is this what is causing it? Have I messed up my Zen Cart or is it fixable?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Same problem. I keep getting a yellow warning bar at the top of the screen saying I have a partially deleted product click here to delete the dross...but after clicking more than once...the warning keeps coming back.

Plugin Contributions

Just spent ages trying to sort this out myself and managed to clear the message. A customer had purchased items, the items were subsequently deleted using easy populate. But the message is appearing as the basket refers to non-existent items.

If you delete the lines of code as scrat says that will work.

Alternatively, I was able to delete all items from the tables
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET,
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET_ATTRIBUTES
    using phpadmin in the cpanel (my store is not live yet). Obviously only use this method if you're sure you can identify the items. If you can't then use scrat's method, it will just mean these tables will not be checked for orphan data.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Plugin Contributions

I get this error in Easy populate when you edit the product from Category/products: you get a warning message at the top that reads:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in D:\Inetpub\bargaincitygifts\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 29

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in D:\Inetpub\bargaincitygifts\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 30
    ----

when you scroll down to look at the product info the product information if completely blank. however if you dine this same product on the web site all information is posted.

Plugin Contributions

I get the same error

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast