Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default phpbb throws php errors

The installation of Zen Cart throws me a problem at the
    :: Zen Cart™ Setup - phpBB Setup

11 lines that sound like this:

Warning
    : file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/web/snl140581/catalog/phpbb/config.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/web/snl140581:/var/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/share/pear) in /usr/home/web/snl140581/catalog/zc_install/includes/modules/pages/phpbb_setup/header_php.php on line 43

The only 'problem' that Zen Cart found, is that PHP Safe Mode = 'ON'. Anyone any idea what's happening here? I found some others that had similar problems, but those solutions didnt seem to work.

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: phpbb throws php errors

I'm sorry if my question is unclear... I'm trying to install Zen-cart, but half-way the installation procedure, I get stuck. It's after I fill in the physical location of the shopping flder on the server. It's got something to do with the open_basedir. Does anyone have the same problem?

I'd really like to use this program for my shopping...

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. You probably don't want to run an ecommerce business on a server running PHP in Safe Mode.

2. Try skipping the phpBB installation portion. Leave the path blank and select No.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply,

1) I will need to ask my (cheap...) provider about this. I'm just starting my business, want to try out if it will 'catch' or not. If it does catch, I can try and find a provider that's a bit more compatible to my webshop needs.

2) I tried, but when I press the 'continue' button, it doesn't continue. I see some more lines than the original 11, and it doesnt go to the database part.

Again, thanks for your help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What is the URL to your zc_install folder ?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Growl... (and some bad words). I just navigated to my website:
    www.eastwestjewels.nl , but my provider has shut me down.

They mention in their explanation that they dont accept 'possibly unsafe' scripts, like phpBB.

I replied them that I think Zen-Cart must be a safe script, if only due to it's great install-base. I'm awaiting their reply. If they keep refusing me, I'll find another provider.

Hope to get back to you soon!

Plugin Contributions

Okay, after some discussion, they reactivated my account. Here's the URL:
    http://eastwestjewels.nl/catalog/zc_install/

Thanks again!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The error messages are a result of both safe-mode and open-base-dir restrictions (related to safe mode).

Try going to this long URL:

http://eastwestjewels.nl/catalog/zc_...se_phpbb=false

Plugin Contributions

The error messages are a result of both safe-mode and open-base-dir restrictions (related to safe mode).

Try going to this long URL:

http://eastwestjewels.nl/catalog/zc_...se_phpbb=false
    That seems to have done the trick! That's great! Now I'll take a weekend to see how to configure the store ;-) There's a lot to configure...

Thanks alot!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You might want to order your copy of the users guide. It's an excellent reference for configuring and running your site:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/book

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast