Plugin Contributions

Default Error message when customer attempts to register

I got an email today from someone telling me they got this error message when attempting to register for my site to purchase something -

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '@' in /home/chris10/public_html/includes/languages/english/create_account.php on line 37

Here is what that file says -

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * @package languageDefines
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: create_account.php 3027 2006-02-13 17:15:51Z drbyte $
     */

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Create an Account');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'My Account Information');

define('TEXT_ORIGIN_LOGIN', '<strong class="note">NOTE:</strong> If you already have an account with us, please login at the <a href="%s">login page</a>.');

// greeting salutation
    define('EMAIL_SUBJECT', 'Welcome to ' . Faerydae);
    define('EMAIL_GREET_MR', 'Dear Mr. %s,' . "\n\n");
    define('EMAIL_GREET_MS', 'Dear Ms. %s,' . "\n\n");
    define('EMAIL_GREET_NONE', 'Dear %s' . "\n\n");

// First line of the greeting
    define('EMAIL_WELCOME', 'We wish to welcome you to <strong>' . Faerydae . '</strong>.');
    define('EMAIL_SEPARATOR', '--------------------');
    define('EMAIL_COUPON_INCENTIVE_HEADER', 'Congratulations! To make your next visit to our online shop a more rewarding experience, listed below are details for a Discount Coupon created just for you!' . "\n\n");
    // your Discount Coupon Description will be inserted before this next define
    define('EMAIL_COUPON_REDEEM', 'To use the Discount Coupon, enter the ' . TEXT_GV_REDEEM . ' code during checkout:  <strong>%s</strong>' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_GV_INCENTIVE_HEADER', 'Just for stopping by today, we have sent you a ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' for %s!' . "\n");
    define('EMAIL_GV_REDEEM', 'The ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' ' . TEXT_GV_REDEEM . ' is: %s ' . "\n\n" . 'You can enter the ' . TEXT_GV_REDEEM . ' during Checkout, after making your selections in the store. ');
    define('EMAIL_GV_LINK', ' Or, you may redeem it now by following this link: ' . "\n");
    // GV link will automatically be included before this line

define('EMAIL_GV_LINK_OTHER','Once you have added the ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' to your account, you may use the ' . TEXT_GV_NAME . ' for yourself, or send it to a friend!' . "\n\n");

define('EMAIL_TEXT', 'With your account, you can now take part in the <strong>various services</strong> we have to offer you. Some of these services include:' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Permanent Cart</strong> - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Address Book</strong> - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Order History</strong> - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Products Reviews</strong> - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.' . "\n\n");
    define('EMAIL_CONTACT', 'For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: <a href="mailto:' . chris10 AT faerydae DOT com . '">'. chris10 AT faerydae DOT com ." </a>\n\n");
    define('EMAIL_GV_CLOSURE','Sincerely,' . "\n\n" . Christen Hernandez . "\nStore Owner\n\n". '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'.HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ."</a>\n\n");

// email disclaimer - this disclaimer is separate from all other email disclaimers
    define('EMAIL_DISCLAIMER_NEW_CUSTOMER', 'This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you did not signup for an account, or feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to %s ');

//moved definitions to english.php
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS', 'Privacy Statement');
    //define('TEXT_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS_DESCRIPTION', 'Please acknowledge you agree with our privacy statement by ticking the following box. The privacy statement can be read <a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY, '', 'SSL') . '"><span class="pseudolink">here</span></a>.');
    //define('TEXT_PRIVACY_CONDITIONS_CONFIRM', 'I have read and agreed to your privacy statement.');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_ADDRESS_DETAILS', 'Address Details');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_PHONE_FAX_DETAILS', 'Additional Contact Details');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_OF_BIRTH', 'Verify Your Age');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_LOGIN_DETAILS', 'Login Details');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_REFERRAL_DETAILS', 'Were You Referred to Us?');
    ?>
    I can't see anything wrong there but then again I still don't know much about all of this stuff. Please help me!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error message when customer attempts to register

This line needs some work:
    PHP Code:
    define('EMAIL_CONTACT''For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: <a href="mailto:' chris10@faerydae.com '">'chris10@faerydae.com ." </a>\n\n"); 
    You cannot just stick text in the middle of the define ... The address is just text you need to write that inside the quotes ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    This line needs some work:
    PHP Code:
    define('EMAIL_CONTACT''For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: <a href="mailto:' chris10@faerydae.com '">'chris10@faerydae.com ." </a>\n\n"); 
    You cannot just stick text in the middle of the define ... The address is just text you need to write that inside the quotes ...
    Ok I must be more lost than I thought .. Exctly what part of that line needs help? Could you please tell me maybe what it should say? Thank you Ajeh.

Plugin Contributions

Could you please tell me maybe what it should say?
    You can compare the corrected defined name with your old defined named above and see the difference (the way it has been used).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
    You can compare the corrected defined name with your old defined named above and see the difference (the way it has been used).

They are the same :/

Plugin Contributions

[edit]

I don't see it either suddently . . .

Very well,

change:

PHP Code:
    to:

PHP Code:
    define('EMAIL_CONTACT''For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: <a href=\'mailto:' chris10@faerydae.com '\'>'chris10@faerydae.com .' </a>\n\n'); 
    Tell me if it works.

Plugin Contributions

You have to have the email address in quotes as it is not a constant it is just text:
    PHP Code:
    define('EMAIL_CONTACT''For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: <a href=\'mailto:' '[email protected]'\'>''[email protected].' </a>'); 
    You could clean that further but it should work for you ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you both for your help! I did what was said but then got another error message about a missing t_string or something and looked at the code for probably 2 hours and finally realized that I had 3 quotations missing in other parts lol. But it's all working now, so thank you very much!

Christen

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update and glad that this is working for you now ...
    Linda McGrath