Plugin Contributions

help question Strange customer order

Thank you to all who have posted on the forums! It is by reading A LOT that I was able to build and customize my store. So far, it has been great and a huge improvement from what I had previously.

Now, I have received a strange customer order and I can't figure out how it could have happened. The customer information came in without required registration info: no birthdate, and no telephone number. On the order itself, the customer selected a payment option which was not available: check/money order.

I have PPEC installed with latest updates and it is working great. I have tested everything out and have discovered no problems. I was unable to duplicate the suspicious order.

The check/money order module was installed but not enabled. I have since removed it even though it does not show up during checkout. The only other installed module that has proven problematic is the google-analytics, but it is not interfering with anything as far as I can tell.

I cancelled the order, but would still like to know how this could have happened?
    www.PrairieRoses.com
    A Country Sensibility

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Strange customer order

If you have the CAPTCHA contribution module installed, downloadable from the downloads section of the forum, you can protect your store further against these kinds of transactions attempt.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks TheOracle. That is one mod that I forgot to mention and I do have it installed. That is why it is a puzzle that the order was allowed and the customer was able to register.
    www.PrairieRoses.com
    A Country Sensibility

Plugin Contributions

Are you saying that, even with the MOD installed, customers are still capable to validate the ordering form without having to fill out the generated numbers from the CAPTCHA's image ?

If so, then you could always report this to the original author from this thread:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...hlight=captcha

More solutions could be posted to you on this matter.

Plugin Contributions

Are you saying that, even with the MOD installed, customers are still capable to validate the ordering form without having to fill out the generated numbers from the CAPTCHA's image ?
    No. The CAPTCHA mod works. I tried to register and purposely skipped some of the required fields. I received the appropriate error messages.

So a mystery remains.

I am wondering if this occurred on the PayPal end? I tried to fill out the PayPal form without some of the required fields but I received the appropriate error messages.

The order had the correct order ID# but the customer profile was missing two required pieces of information. Plus the customer had selected a payment method that I do not offer.
    www.PrairieRoses.com
    A Country Sensibility