Plugin Contributions

red flag says my cache folder doesn't exist in [db_cache table]

I've followed the directions on

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100

to the T. I'm moving my completed zencart from my Wamp5 local serve to my new server. I've

1. reinstalled the zencart (I used fantisco for this),
    2. then I created a backup of my database using phpmy admin and saving the text in Notepad, a .txt file.
    3. then i uploaded my completed site files to my new host, making sure not to override the includes/configure.php file or the admin/includes/configure.php file.

Up to this point the website is working fine and so is the admin panel.

4. Then I "dropped" the new database's tables, and imported my website's database via the .txt file.

Now it says:

1146 Table 'bumbl4_zc3.zen_db_cache' doesn't exist
    in:
    [db_cache table]

Looking inside my database, yes it doesnt' exist but do I need it to?

So I thought using the fix_cache_key.php file would fix it, but it didn't work. I also tried running the script

UPDATE configuration set configuration_value='/path/to/my/zen/cache/folder' WHERE configuaration_key='SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY';

in the sql tab of the php my admin, still not working.

I did this whole process when I migrated my zencart from my old host to my computer and had the same problem, then I redid it and it worked so I don't know what happened differently. Also there is an htaccess that i didn't transfer to the new host because it screws it up. I keep trying but i don't know what else to try.

help! please thank you sooo much!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: says my cache folder doesn't exist in [db_cache table]

Here is how I do it and it works for me every time, I have had that problem before.

The best way is to edit all the paths and in the configure.php files, admin and includes.

Also, why are you copying to a text file when you could just download it as a gzip file? seems like an unsafe way to do it to me.

You need to check all the paths and all for the database names and passwords. Once you have it all correct and loaded the database in, it should work right up.

I would drop all the tables in the database and upload it again, from a gzip file...hope that helps as I had a hard time reading your post....over 12 hours of looking at a screen, my eyes are giving up on me.
    Skin Evolution.
    Lynda.com,its a great place to learn.
    Camelot Hosting,it's where my site calls home!

E-Start your Zen-Cart,KH is the Man, Thanks for all the hard work!

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: says my cache folder doesn't exist in [db_cache table]

Thanks for your post godspeed27! I think I did what you recommended but in the method of reinstalling the whole thing -not through fantisco this time, and it worked!!!

So this is what learned, if your host company provides Fantisco or some installation software, you can use it but it makes it harder to input the correct details of the install, since they do it for you.

I installed it using Fantisco, then added the zc_install folder back into the main directory. Then I went to the zc_install folder via my domain name plus /zc_install to reinstall it. Make sure to make your configure files writable for the install.

The zen-cart community is awesome!!