Plugin Contributions

help question Free Shipping Problem

Allright ... I give up ;) I've tried to figure this out by searching the forums but my brain has become mush ....

I've been building the Zen Cart to replace our current website and I've gotten to the point where there are a few things I cannot figure out /decipher on my own.

Free Shipping - If someone could tell me how to set up the following:

I have (for example) A & B Product lines.

Product "A" has free shipping to the US, but outside the US it has normal shipping charges. I have the USPS and FedEx Mods set up but I cannot get Product "A" to show USPS shipping options (preferred shipping method) for orders outside the US.

Product "B" has normal shipping charges in and outside the US. How do I combine these with Product "A" to work together properly?

Product "A" is not based on weight, or total order amount, etc ... it is simply a free shipping item type.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Kim

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping Problem

As a clarification, when I activate "freeoptions" module, which seemed like the common sense approach to this the status is yellow and does not work once I set the Zone to "United States". I made a zone that includes just the US in Zone Definanitions.

Freeoptions status goes green when no zone is selected

Suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

*sigh* Ok ... I'm hoping if I keep posting my progress it might click with someone and I can get this figured out.

New strategy - I enabled "freeshipper" (disabling "freeoptions") with the United States selected as my shipping zone for free shipping. I still have a yellow status but it *looks* like it might be working. I also enabled the Weight 0 = free shipping.

When I enter a free shipping item only in the cart and I select a US zip, etc it give me free shipping. If I select somewhere outside the US I get no shipping options whatsover for my USPS module.

Adding a product that has normal shipping in to the cart with the free shipping item gives me shipping options in and out of the US and seems to be working properly.

So how do I get the shipping calculated for outside the US for the items that are free S&H otherwise?

Plugin Contributions

When Free Shipping freeshipper is enabled this is because the shipping cost is free based on 0 weight or Always Free Shipping and it disables the other shipping modules ...

So, this idea is not going to work too well ...

If you have products that are Free to the US but charge to outside ... what is that charge based on? How is it calculated?

I think you may need some custom code for this ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

It would be great to sort this out.

Item X is free shipping to zones A,B,C, but regular shipping tables to other zones

Plugin Contributions

Anything can be $orted out in Zen Cart and php code you ju$t need to know the magic word$ and how to create thi$ cu$tom code or know the $ecret$ to getting it written for you by $omeone who ha$ a clue on how to write to your $pecification$ ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!